Doug King

Default Help need to remove the case on a DELL D1025HE 17" monitor

Hi I have a DELL D1025HE 17" monitor I need to get the case off to tweak
to the colour balance.
I have removed the 2 screws from the bottom, but am unable to proceed
further as I cannot release what look like clips round the sides. I
cannot see any hidden screws. Thanks for any help?

Doug

Doug
Art

Without damaging he case you may be required to take it to a repair
facility. However, if you really want to open it up you will need to find
the tab release points on the case to see if there are hidden screws under
applicate clips or decals. Tab releases are either press and pull or slip a
small screwdriver into the gap, press and slide. Being careful will alow one
to open the case and not damage it or oneself. Be advised, ther are lethal
voltages present once you are in the unit with case removed. Cheers
"Doug King" wrote in message
Hi I have a DELL D1025HE 17" monitor I need to get the case off to tweak
to the colour balance.
I have removed the 2 screws from the bottom, but am unable to proceed
further as I cannot release what look like clips round the sides. I cannot
see any hidden screws. Thanks for any help?

Doug

Doug

Doug King

Thanks for replying there are some sort of tags in slots, but it is
always easy to see how the work once you have the case off! Catch 21?
I am aware of the high voltages thanks,, I was at one time involved in
monitor manufacture.

Doug

--

Doug King

Jerry G.

There are usually tab releases or screws that are hidden under a decal, or
type of small inlaid cover. Tabs can usually be opened with a screwdriver
to un-dress them. You may have to use 2 small screwdrivers at the same time,
to release both sides of each tab, if they are dual taps. The factory
service has a tool for that.

If the monitor is less than about 7 to 10 years old, you may not find any
colour balance pots in it at all. Infact, in many of these monitors there
are no longer any pots for any adjustments, other than the main beam focus,
and sometimes the power supply regulation.

These adjustments are usually made using an external service system that
works with software, and a hardware interface. It writes the set-up to an
EPROM in the monitor. A few of the makes use an internal service set-up menu
for the basic service adjustments. With the new generation of monitors, you
would have to refer to the service manual for details, in any case.

As for safety, just take care where you put your hands, or what you touch,
once it is opened.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Doug King" wrote in message
Hi I have a DELL D1025HE 17" monitor I need to get the case off to tweak
to the colour balance.
I have removed the 2 screws from the bottom, but am unable to proceed
further as I cannot release what look like clips round the sides. I
cannot see any hidden screws. Thanks for any help?

Doug

Doug

JohnnyRich2002

Default Help need to remove the case on a DELL D1025HE 17

Hi Doug - sorry I can't give you any tips but... I'm also trying to remove
a 1025HE cover! Did you ever manage? Like you, I can see some places where
clips may be on the side case joins but don't want to force the issue. I'm
sure there must be something easier!!!

Hope you had some luck and can point me in the right direction.

thanks and regards

John

Jason D.

On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:50:13 -0400, "JohnnyRich2002"
wrote:

Hi Doug - sorry I can't give you any tips but... I'm also trying to remove
a 1025HE cover! Did you ever manage? Like you, I can see some places where
clips may be on the side case joins but don't want to force the issue. I'm
sure there must be something easier!!!

Hope you had some luck and can point me in the right direction.

thanks and regards

John

Get thin strong blade that can pass through those small slots that is
along the seam in two places and press firmly till you hear SNAP of
latch let go. Do the other one.

Screw driver only get wedged in that slot and latch will be not
depressed.

Like the chemist's measuring metal spatula will work.

Cheers,

Wizard

JohnnyRich2002

Many thanks - worked like a wizard's charm!!!

John R