Jerry G.

Default Help need to remove the case on a DELL D1025HE 17" monitor

There are usually tab releases or screws that are hidden under a decal, or
type of small inlaid cover. Tabs can usually be opened with a screwdriver
to un-dress them. You may have to use 2 small screwdrivers at the same time,
to release both sides of each tab, if they are dual taps. The factory
service has a tool for that.

If the monitor is less than about 7 to 10 years old, you may not find any
colour balance pots in it at all. Infact, in many of these monitors there
are no longer any pots for any adjustments, other than the main beam focus,
and sometimes the power supply regulation.

These adjustments are usually made using an external service system that
works with software, and a hardware interface. It writes the set-up to an
EPROM in the monitor. A few of the makes use an internal service set-up menu
for the basic service adjustments. With the new generation of monitors, you
would have to refer to the service manual for details, in any case.

As for safety, just take care where you put your hands, or what you touch,
once it is opened.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Doug King" wrote in message
Hi I have a DELL D1025HE 17" monitor I need to get the case off to tweak
to the colour balance.
I have removed the 2 screws from the bottom, but am unable to proceed
further as I cannot release what look like clips round the sides. I
cannot see any hidden screws. Thanks for any help?

Doug

Doug