lbbs

Default How do I find the Model No to Proscan 27" TV? need manual

I bought a used 27" Proscan TV (by RCA). I works fine and came with a
remote. But I don't have a manual for it. No were do I see a sticker or
model number on the back or front of the tv. How do I find out the
model and get the manual. I did lots of searching on the net and found a
web site that sells remotes. From that I gather it could be one of the
following models Model PS27108 -- PS27153, PS27123 , PS27113. On the
back it has at least 9-12 input/output jacks (including s-video) This tv
also has PIP (picture on picture option). I have searched for these
models on the RCA web site for model with no luck. Also could not find
any pictures of these models of TV's on the web, so I am not certain which
model I have. Thanks for your help.

lbbs

Art

Actually, unless some one had removed it, there should be a white tag inside
the set having the complete model and full serial number, also the tag
showing the CTC number and suffix version of the chassis.
From: "lbbs"
Date: 11/13/03 2:43 PM Eastern Standard Time
I bought a used 27" Proscan TV (by RCA). I works fine and came with a
remote. But I don't have a manual for it. No were do I see a sticker

or
model number on the back or front of the tv. How do I find out the
model and get the manual.

If you open the back, there will be a white sticker on one of the

heatsinks.
On the sticker will be a "CTC" number. Post the complete number including
suffixes.

John Del
Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty."
Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)

lbbs

So what you are saying short of dismantling the unit, there is no way to
find out.
What about posting a jpg picture on the web. Could some one identify the
model this way?

"lbbs" wrote in message
[...]

BWL

Just pull the back off it; takes a 1/4" nut driver and about 5 mins. If you're
leery of damaging something, just don't touch anything inside; read the
numbers, and put the back on.

On A Manual Hunt -- Any Suggestions ?? SB Electronics 1 July 3rd 04 10:59 AM
Powermatic Model 66 LP Woodworking 16 May 10th 04 08:54 PM
Pay As You Model: A new service from Gepsoft Gepsoft Team Electronics 0 April 13th 04 01:16 PM
Blue Ridge Machinery model engines Phillip Wu Metalworking 1 August 22nd 03 10:49 AM