Phillip Wu

Default Blue Ridge Machinery model engines

I am thinking of purchasing one of the following models in ready
machined form from Blue Ridge Machinery:

MODEL #2 Working Model Oscillating Steam Engine
MODEL #3 Working Replica Stationary Steam Mill Engine

SOLAR #13 The Thinking Man's Engine Kit
SOLAR #15 The Glassworks Kit

For anyone who has purchased any one of the above models can you
please:
1) Rate Blue Ridge’s service before and after sales service?
2) Did they deliver as promised?
3) Did the model go together easily and work first time?
4) Were any parts missing? Did they dispatch the missing parts
quickly?
5) Were the instructions any good?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Roy

I have had better results ordering these same exact engines directly
from PMR. They do have a policy, that if you screw up a casting during
machining they will send you a replacement casting free of charge, and
continue to do so until you get it right. Thats hard to beat.

http://www.pmresearchinc.com/

Two kits I had ordered from BRM seeme to have been opened and played
with, prior to my getting them. One even appeared to have had
machining started , then stopped and the kit returned, and resold. I
won;t get into the other problems I had with BRM, as they are totally
unrelated to your question,.but IMNSHO,I personally can't recomend
BRM, as I have had nothing but headaches and promises whenever I
ordered or bought anything from them and it was always a cheerfully
taken order on the phone, but once the order was placed and weeks went
by inquiries on the matter always resulted in a pass the buck
attitude. I am sure others will have different experieinces with them,
and this is only MY opinion on BRM. Its been close to 2 years since ,
and perhaps things may have changed there.

On 21 Aug 2003 23:37:48 -0700, (Phillip Wu) wrote:

x-I am thinking of purchasing one of the following models in ready
x-machined form from Blue Ridge Machinery:
x-
x-MODEL #2 Working Model Oscillating Steam Engine
x-MODEL #3 Working Replica Stationary Steam Mill Engine
x-
x-SOLAR #13 The Thinking Man's Engine Kit
x-SOLAR #15 The Glassworks Kit
x-
x-For anyone who has purchased any one of the above models can you
x-please:
x-1) Rate Blue Ridge’s service before and after sales service?

Great before, pityfull after
x-2) Did they deliver as promised?

NOPE
x-3) Did the model go together easily and work first time?

Yes
x-4) Were any parts missing? Did they dispatch the missing parts
x-quickly?

Yes, NOPE, took weeks
x-5) Were the instructions any good?

Yes
x-
x-Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com

blue is better deborah barrie UK diy 8 March 19th 04 09:45 PM
finishing ridge on traditional garage slate roof (except for manfactured trusses) Paul UK diy 0 January 13th 04 11:16 PM