Old July 22nd 16, 10:03 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IcePower 200ASC amp module

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:02:43 AM UTC+1, N_Cook wrote:
Shinco DVD-2610 on Elektrotanya
assuming the SJK is an HV diode and 2x 4148 in the pic, then probably
much the same circuit

Right, now I'm back in the lab, turns out this really is just a bypass cap, it's connected directly accross the main HT cap. I had at first assumed it was connected to the current sense circuit or thereabouts.

No bypass caps on any of the other circuits using this controller though, I guess a high voltage 0.1uF will do. (not SMD this time)

Thanks for the schematic links,

Gareth.

Old July 23rd 16, 10:48 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22/07/2016 19:19, Gareth Magennis wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

On 22/07/2016 10:03, wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:02:43 AM UTC+1, N_Cook wrote:
Shinco DVD-2610 on Elektrotanya
assuming the SJK is an HV diode and 2x 4148 in the pic, then probably
much the same circuit

Right, now I'm back in the lab, turns out this really is just a bypass
cap, it's connected directly accross the main HT cap. I had at first
assumed it was connected to the current sense circuit or thereabouts.

No bypass caps on any of the other circuits using this controller
though, I guess a high voltage 0.1uF will do. (not SMD this time)

Thanks for the schematic links,

Gareth.

I wonder if it was a multi-layer cap in there with metal migration
growth leading to short.
Any other similar caps on there?

Not my photo, but this is a new PCB:
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/IMG_8676.jpg

My blown cap is the one in the middle of the bottom of the PCB, below
the 3 parallel sense resistors and between FET TR200 and Tx T200.

Gareth.

I suppose a 400V MLCC can suffer from metal migration as the numerous
50V notorious MLCC failures.
I've not looked for any manufacturers of 400V rated devils, I assume
they exist, should anyone be foolhardy to use them

Old July 24th 16, 08:37 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

So SMD 400V MLCC caps do exist (or did exist)
http://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetai...Em0l1HszexY%3d

non-stocked, none on order, I wonder why

Old September 14th 16, 03:53 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

El jueves, 21 de julio de 2016, 20:31:31 (UTC+2), Gareth Magennis escribió:
Hi,

can't find any schematics for this module - its a Bang & Olufsun combined
SMPS/Class D audio amp PCB.

The one I have has the exact same fault as this one:
http://forum.recordere.dk/uploads/36113/icepower3.jpg

Blown cap (presumably), but no way of finding out what it was.
There are other photos on the Interweb of this board which show the unmarked
device not blown up.

There's about 330v DC across the remains, and my amp module still works
without it.

This is in a powered Studio Monitor Sub, seems these modules are reasonably
popular in this kind of thing - B&O would not sell these to the public,
though I read on a forum while Googling today that they might now, but are
prohibitively expensive.

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes to the
three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess current
sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the transformer which is
at high HT.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Hola, el condensador es de 2,2pf 2kv y poner un fusible de 3,15a y a funcionar.
Old January 4th 17, 05:37 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm ,
Hugo wrote:
I have exactly the same issue with mine!

Did you happen to find the right part? Would love to know what to replace it
with.

Cheers

Hugo

Old January 4th 17, 08:58 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hugo wrote:
I have exactly the same issue with mine!

Did you happen to find the right part? Would love to know what to replace it
with.

Cheers

Hugo

I used a non SMD cap, read the entire thread.

Gareth.

Old January 4th 17, 02:03 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/14/2016 9:53 AM, wrote:
[...]

Google translation.
Hi, the capacitor is 2.2pf 2kv and put a fuse of 3.15a and run.
Mikek

---

Icepower 50ASX2 [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 June 15th 15 01:53 AM
LCD module? Sophie Electronics Repair 0 April 17th 06 04:51 AM
Supply 5,8,10 Pair Clamp Module,Orbit Clamp Module,LSA Profile-Anschlussleiste [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 28th 05 03:26 AM
We could supply Krone module,MDF block,wiring block,STB module,Etc [email protected] UK diy 14 June 20th 05 06:26 AM
We could supply Krone module,MDF block,wiring block,STB module,Etc [email protected] UK diy 7 June 8th 05 10:18 PM