Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IcePower 200ASC amp module

Hi,

can't find any schematics for this module - its a Bang & Olufsun combined
SMPS/Class D audio amp PCB.

The one I have has the exact same fault as this one:
http://forum.recordere.dk/uploads/36113/icepower3.jpg

Blown cap (presumably), but no way of finding out what it was.
There are other photos on the Interweb of this board which show the unmarked
device not blown up.

There's about 330v DC across the remains, and my amp module still works
without it.

This is in a powered Studio Monitor Sub, seems these modules are reasonably
popular in this kind of thing - B&O would not sell these to the public,
though I read on a forum while Googling today that they might now, but are
prohibitively expensive.

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes to the
three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess current
sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the transformer which is
at high HT.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21/07/2016 19:31, Gareth Magennis wrote:
[...]

So a stock fault means what was in there was not right spec.
I would trace out the associated comps to get an idea what it was doing.
Condsruction type of cap?
Volume would give , for the type of construction, assuming 400V rating
an idea of its capacity. Put 2 caps in there of 250V rating or 1 600V
rating and whatever nF will physically go in there.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

Do barrel format SMD-R have a higher voltage rating,r for r, than slab
formats?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes to
the three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess
current sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the
transformer which is at high HT.

another way to figure it our is this...

look up the data sheet for the active devices on the board.

often the data sheet will have schematics for example applications and often the UUT is pretty much exactly like the app notes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes to
the three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess
current sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the
transformer which is at high HT.

another way to figure it our is this...

look up the data sheet for the active devices on the board.

often the data sheet will have schematics for example applications and often
the UUT is pretty much exactly like the app notes.

Cheers, I am being a bit lazy, but you do tend to learn a few things by
asking questions here as well

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/87...115.1429123757

Page 2 - the cap is probably a small bypass cap not on the schematic on the
transformer HT winding to ground.

Thing is, this component looks like the achilles heel in this particular
design, unless duff components were sourced.
Else something else is blowing the component.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21/07/2016 21:32, Gareth Magennis wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

The Rs and C connected to CS pin3 of the supervisor?

http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/NCP1203-D.PDF
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Failure of this cap blew the PCB mounted mains fuse, rendering the unit dead
and requiring repair, so this is definitely a known issue.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21/07/2016 21:51, Gareth Magennis wrote:

Failure of this cap blew the PCB mounted mains fuse, rendering the unit
dead and requiring repair, so this is definitely a known issue.

Gareth.

This DVD apparently uses NCP1203, not downloaded the schematic though
http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2009_0...0211291778.pdf
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Shinco DVD-2610 on Elektrotanya
assuming the SJK is an HV diode and 2x 4148 in the pic, then probably
much the same circuit

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:02:43 AM UTC+1, N_Cook wrote:
Shinco DVD-2610 on Elektrotanya
assuming the SJK is an HV diode and 2x 4148 in the pic, then probably
much the same circuit

Right, now I'm back in the lab, turns out this really is just a bypass cap, it's connected directly accross the main HT cap. I had at first assumed it was connected to the current sense circuit or thereabouts.

No bypass caps on any of the other circuits using this controller though, I guess a high voltage 0.1uF will do. (not SMD this time)

Thanks for the schematic links,

Gareth.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22/07/2016 19:19, Gareth Magennis wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

On 22/07/2016 10:03, wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:02:43 AM UTC+1, N_Cook wrote:
Shinco DVD-2610 on Elektrotanya
assuming the SJK is an HV diode and 2x 4148 in the pic, then probably
much the same circuit

Right, now I'm back in the lab, turns out this really is just a bypass
cap, it's connected directly accross the main HT cap. I had at first
assumed it was connected to the current sense circuit or thereabouts.

No bypass caps on any of the other circuits using this controller
though, I guess a high voltage 0.1uF will do. (not SMD this time)

Thanks for the schematic links,

Gareth.

I wonder if it was a multi-layer cap in there with metal migration
growth leading to short.
Any other similar caps on there?

Not my photo, but this is a new PCB:
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/IMG_8676.jpg

My blown cap is the one in the middle of the bottom of the PCB, below
the 3 parallel sense resistors and between FET TR200 and Tx T200.

Gareth.

I suppose a 400V MLCC can suffer from metal migration as the numerous
50V notorious MLCC failures.
I've not looked for any manufacturers of 400V rated devils, I assume
they exist, should anyone be foolhardy to use them

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

So SMD 400V MLCC caps do exist (or did exist)
http://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetai...Em0l1HszexY%3d

non-stocked, none on order, I wonder why

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

El jueves, 21 de julio de 2016, 20:31:31 (UTC+2), Gareth Magennis escribió:
[...]

Hola, el condensador es de 2,2pf 2kv y poner un fusible de 3,15a y a funcionar.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm ,
Hugo wrote:
I have exactly the same issue with mine!

Did you happen to find the right part? Would love to know what to replace it
with.

Cheers

Hugo

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hugo wrote:
I have exactly the same issue with mine!

Did you happen to find the right part? Would love to know what to replace it
with.

Cheers

Hugo

I used a non SMD cap, read the entire thread.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/14/2016 9:53 AM, wrote:
[...]

Google translation.
Hi, the capacitor is 2.2pf 2kv and put a fuse of 3.15a and run.
Mikek

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hugo wrote:
javielectronicamateos wrote:

[...]

Hi and thanks for info. I've been looking at this on and off for a long time!
With my very limited but growing (mostly iPhone and Mac logic board)
electronics knowledge I'm still rather unsure of what to do to fix the amp.

So avoid SMD - Use something like a single layer ceramic through hole?
600v to 2kv from looking through the thread
2.2pf or whatever pf can fit for component size?
A fuse 3.15amp so the cap doesn't keep blowing or maybe the 3 resistors in
series after the cap... - something leaded and I'm lost on voltage here, 250v?

perhaps this cap -
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/cerami...itors/8312929/
with this fuse -
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/non-re...fuses/8951678/

Any help would be super appreciated, I'm in dire need of BASS!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm ,
Hugo wrote:
Thanks for all the puzzle pieces folks, the bottom octave is back!!

High voltage cap, fuse in the right place.. all good!

Really appreciate the assistance ?

,
Hugo wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

So bro can you let us know how did u fixed the unit, I have the same issue on the same module. Does 2.2PF 2kv SMD CAP really exist? I can only find the 50v type.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 10:58:14 AM UTC-4, wrote:
So bro can you let us know how did u fixed the unit, I have the same issue on the same module. Does 2.2PF 2kv SMD CAP really exist? I can only find the 50v type.

I think the OP said he used a leaded cap for the replacement.
I don't know where the 2.2pF value came from but that seems too small to do anything useful in that circuit.

I'd put in a 1000 pf 1000V leaded cap and call it a day.

mark

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"I'd put in a 1000 pf 1000V leaded cap and call it a day. "

Depends on where it is in the circuit, a whole nF ? That is alot at some frequencies.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
pit pit is offline

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm ,
pit wrote:
I repaired my amp with a 1000PF 1KV ceramic cap. Like Gareth, my main fuse
was blown and I also had to replace it.

"

Depends on where it is in the circuit, a whole nF ? That is alot at some
frequencies.

Icepower 50ASX2 [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 June 15th 15 02:53 AM
LCD module? Sophie Electronics Repair 0 April 17th 06 05:51 AM
Supply 5,8,10 Pair Clamp Module,Orbit Clamp Module,LSA Profile-Anschlussleiste [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 28th 05 04:26 AM
We could supply Krone module,MDF block,wiring block,STB module,Etc [email protected] UK diy 14 June 20th 05 07:26 AM
We could supply Krone module,MDF block,wiring block,STB module,Etc [email protected] UK diy 7 June 8th 05 11:18 PM