Old July 21st 16, 07:31 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IcePower 200ASC amp module

Hi,

can't find any schematics for this module - its a Bang & Olufsun combined
SMPS/Class D audio amp PCB.

The one I have has the exact same fault as this one:
http://forum.recordere.dk/uploads/36113/icepower3.jpg

Blown cap (presumably), but no way of finding out what it was.
There are other photos on the Interweb of this board which show the unmarked
device not blown up.

There's about 330v DC across the remains, and my amp module still works
without it.

This is in a powered Studio Monitor Sub, seems these modules are reasonably
popular in this kind of thing - B&O would not sell these to the public,
though I read on a forum while Googling today that they might now, but are
prohibitively expensive.

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes to the
three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess current
sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the transformer which is
at high HT.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Old July 21st 16, 08:18 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21/07/2016 19:31, Gareth Magennis wrote:
[...]

So a stock fault means what was in there was not right spec.
I would trace out the associated comps to get an idea what it was doing.
Condsruction type of cap?
Volume would give , for the type of construction, assuming 400V rating
an idea of its capacity. Put 2 caps in there of 250V rating or 1 600V
rating and whatever nF will physically go in there.
Old July 21st 16, 08:25 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

Do barrel format SMD-R have a higher voltage rating,r for r, than slab
formats?
Old July 21st 16, 08:41 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes to
the three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess
current sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the
transformer which is at high HT.

another way to figure it our is this...

look up the data sheet for the active devices on the board.

often the data sheet will have schematics for example applications and often the UUT is pretty much exactly like the app notes.

Old July 21st 16, 09:32 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes to
the three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess
current sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the
transformer which is at high HT.

another way to figure it our is this...

look up the data sheet for the active devices on the board.

often the data sheet will have schematics for example applications and often
the UUT is pretty much exactly like the app notes.

Cheers, I am being a bit lazy, but you do tend to learn a few things by
asking questions here as well

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/87...115.1429123757

Page 2 - the cap is probably a small bypass cap not on the schematic on the
transformer HT winding to ground.

Thing is, this component looks like the achilles heel in this particular
design, unless duff components were sourced.
Else something else is blowing the component.

Gareth.

Old July 21st 16, 09:38 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21/07/2016 21:32, Gareth Magennis wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

The Rs and C connected to CS pin3 of the supervisor?

http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/NCP1203-D.PDF
Old July 21st 16, 09:51 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Failure of this cap blew the PCB mounted mains fuse, rendering the unit dead
and requiring repair, so this is definitely a known issue.

Gareth.

Old July 22nd 16, 07:12 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21/07/2016 21:51, Gareth Magennis wrote:

Failure of this cap blew the PCB mounted mains fuse, rendering the unit
dead and requiring repair, so this is definitely a known issue.

Gareth.

This DVD apparently uses NCP1203, not downloaded the schematic though
http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2009_0...0211291778.pdf
Old July 22nd 16, 09:02 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Shinco DVD-2610 on Elektrotanya
assuming the SJK is an HV diode and 2x 4148 in the pic, then probably
much the same circuit

Icepower 50ASX2 [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 June 15th 15 01:53 AM
LCD module? Sophie Electronics Repair 0 April 17th 06 04:51 AM
Supply 5,8,10 Pair Clamp Module,Orbit Clamp Module,LSA Profile-Anschlussleiste [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 28th 05 03:26 AM
We could supply Krone module,MDF block,wiring block,STB module,Etc [email protected] UK diy 14 June 20th 05 06:26 AM
We could supply Krone module,MDF block,wiring block,STB module,Etc [email protected] UK diy 7 June 8th 05 10:18 PM