Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default IcePower 200ASC amp module

On 21/07/2016 19:31, Gareth Magennis wrote:
Hi,

can't find any schematics for this module - its a Bang & Olufsun
combined SMPS/Class D audio amp PCB.

The one I have has the exact same fault as this one:
http://forum.recordere.dk/uploads/36113/icepower3.jpg

Blown cap (presumably), but no way of finding out what it was.
There are other photos on the Interweb of this board which show the
unmarked device not blown up.

There's about 330v DC across the remains, and my amp module still works
without it.

This is in a powered Studio Monitor Sub, seems these modules are
reasonably popular in this kind of thing - B&O would not sell these to
the public, though I read on a forum while Googling today that they
might now, but are prohibitively expensive.

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes to
the three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess
current sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the
transformer which is at high HT.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Do barrel format SMD-R have a higher voltage rating,r for r, than slab
formats?