Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Icepower 50ASX2

Anyone know where to get a deal on these ? Looking at this thing is ain't worth thirty bucks but the cheapest I can find is a hundred and that is probably with zero returns and all that.

Not acceptable. ****ing boss got his ass caught in a sling on this. Guess whose problem it is.

I could quit. But it would be nice to get one and be the cool one or whatever.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I think it actaully already IS a Chinese knockoff.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If I asked for a 2N5436 would that be better ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"I have no idea what the thing is, but ..."

Actually it is pretty nifty. It is a module with a dual channel 50 watt audio amp self contained and smaller than a PCI card for your PC. you putin 120 VAC, the inputs and you got the outouts. It is a SMPS p[ower supply with a cass D amplifier all on one board. There are no heat sinks at all except the copper on the board.

In this case, the two channels are wired in a BTL or bridged coinfiguration yielding 180 watts. It was in an Eden bass amplifier.

Don't get me wrong, I like the efficiency of class D. I think it is a fine and dandy idea, but when you stick power coomponents on a four layer board and they are al surface mount, it is obviously not meant to ever be repaired. It is a unit, and shall be replaced as such.

And now, comes across the bench a Peavey, coupl hundred watts, class D, weighs nothing. Again, it is not the class D circuitry that is the problem, it is the fact that it is not built to be serviced.

What's more, these things are supposedly for professional use, and as far as I am cincerned, they are not reliable enough. If I put the heftiest transistors available from Digikey in an amp, make sure the fan works and everyrthing, that musician can be fairly certain he won't need to change out amps in the middle of the gig. With **** like this ?I have no control over the process and what fried last time is likely to fry next time.

This **** takes us all out of the loop.

And that is what engineers do.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hmmm. I am pretty sure this one is not designated BTL but is, I am pretty sure, used in the bridged mode. There is only one speaker.

I could most likely make it bridgable though, shouldn't be too hard.

The main problem is the failure mode, I don't like it and I get the idea I might run into further problems.

I hope these things don't get too popular.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Hmmm. I am pretty sure this one is not designated BTL but is, I am pretty
sure, used in the bridged mode. There is only one speaker.

I could most likely make it bridgable though, shouldn't be too hard.

The main problem is the failure mode, I don't like it and I get the idea I
might run into further problems.

I hope these things don't get too popular.

They will, they are already.

You and I are out of a job unless we adapt.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Starting to think we will be out of a job no matter what.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Starting to think we will be out of a job no matter what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Starting to think we will be out of a job no matter what.

Cars.

Electronics.

Nobody understands these things, they are just replaced at great expense.

Everybody has a car.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/13/2015 4:31 PM, Gareth Magennis wrote:

wrote in message

Hmmm. I am pretty sure this one is not designated BTL but is, I am
pretty sure, used in the bridged mode. There is only one speaker.

I could most likely make it bridgable though, shouldn't be too hard.

The main problem is the failure mode, I don't like it and I get the idea
I might run into further problems.

I hope these things don't get too popular.

They will, they are already.

You and I are out of a job unless we adapt.

I used to repair VCR's. :-(
When the writing on the wall started to be visible,
I considered switching to DVD players. I'm glad I didn't the
prices on those dropped very quickly.
Instead I moved form Michigan to Florida and worked at a company that
built high power, high frequency ultrasonic equipment for about seven
years. Now, I sell shrimp from a floating store.

Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Aha, I rememebr, you're the guy with 37 freezers and the wires melting.

Now, how do you get into this shrimp gig ? Also, how did that oi spill affect you ? Were you the de facto source for petroleum free shrip back then ? they told us the price was going to triple and all this ****.

Anyway, my lament is documented in another thread. no need to repeat it here. Bottom line, people don't want to pay for anything useful. Of course if you can bounce a ball good and throw it through a hoop, or hit it with a bat, or something like that, you will be fine. But useful work has all been delegated to the dog races. You know what I mean. Dog eat dog. Lose money working just to keep others froom having the contract. Like crackheads without the crack.

Ever hire crackheads ? I have. you can only trust them to do certain **** and you have to watch over them with a gun but that ain't a problem. Seriously, five hours work for twenty bucks, $4 an hour. And they'll do ANYTHING. Help you move bodies, even if it is someone they know. Err, was.

Enough.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/14/2015 9:58 AM, wrote:
Aha, I rememeber, you're the guy with 37 freezers and the wires melting.

I have 12 freezers, and I had wires to an outlet overheat, the wiring
was a pass thru the outlet to other oulets that I had two freezers on.
It was obvious the connections made to that box (after 25 years) had
increased resistance.

Now, how do you get into this shrimp gig ?

My wife started selling for about 3 hours in the afternoon after her
regular job. Then I started selling in the morning before my job.
After a couple of years she said, " why don't you quit your job and do
this full time", I responded, I'll quit my job if you quit your job.
We both did, and have been selling shrimp for 15 years.
It has worked out very well for us, but I'm tired of 10+ hour days,
362 day years, no vacations. I do get days off but with two of us
running the business, there is always something to do.

Also, how did that oil spill affect you?

It had a psychological effect on the tourist trade, which caused a
drop in my business.

Were you the de facto source for petroleum free shrimp back then?

We didn't have any effect from oil this far East (P.C.FL.)
Some people weren't convinced though.

they told us the price was going to triple and all this ****.
Prices did rise, but they didn't even double.

Something that prices just now seem to be recovering from is Early
Mortality Syndrome (EMS) it is a disease of farm raised shrimp. Even
though I don't sell any farm raised shrimp, they are a large part of the
overall market. The shrimp in ponds were dying, this caused low
production, prices rose, I was paying 25% to 40% more for my wild caught
shrimp. Prices are falling back down now.
Here's a little bit about the EMS cause.
https://www.shrimpnews.com/FreeRepor...auseOfEMS.html

Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You must hae missed the hype from the liberqls and Earthies. We were all supposed to get cancer from eating shrmp.

I like shrimp, breded ofr floured and deepfried. And I don't use that red sauce, I use tartar sauce, but then it is my s[eciale recipe, not what people thing it is.'

More recently I have had it fried in butter and then tossed in with pasta and some other ****. I want to expound on that in my own direction. I envision something like a thinner version of alfredo sauce, but with the flavor. And of course the shrimp go in as, get tossed in and then it is time to eat NOW.

We hae ben looking for some "pasta ****" to make with things. Like if you make pork chops, what to have with it ? We are tired of potatoes, and now also tired of those pasta **** in the store. Knorr. Not that they're bad or good, they are neither. We are just ****ing sick of them.

So if I boil some skinny noodles, and make a roux in a frypan and add some cheese and some other ****, I can make much better than those bags or boxes of pasta **** it the store.

If I took that shrimp when it is jusr thawing, and fried it HARD in bacon grease, just enough so it is done, and then dump it into this pasta dish, I might be on to someting.

?I usd to sorta likw Gordon Ramsay, but now I have seen some of his other ****. Cool that he bitches about uncooked food, bugs and all that sit. But I finally just went Google "gordon ramsay recipe" and the video it showed, fact is I doubt I would have eaten any of it. Not sure. Wierd ****.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/14/2015 6:24 PM, wrote:
You must hae missed the hype from the liberqls and Earthies. We were all supposed to get cancer from eating shrmp.

I like shrimp, breded ofr floured and deepfried. And I don't use that red sauce, I use tartar sauce, but then it is my s[eciale recipe, not what people thing it is.'

More recently I have had it fried in butter and then tossed in with pasta and some other ****. I want to expound on that in my own direction. I envision something like a thinner version of alfredo sauce, but with the flavor. And of course the shrimp go in as, get tossed in and then it is time to eat NOW.

We hae ben looking for some "pasta ****" to make with things. Like if you make pork chops, what to have with it ?

Well it just so happens, I just finished one of my favorite meals.
Grilled marinated pork chops, broken rice, and over easy eggs.
Rice goes on the plate, ground hot peppers are put on the rice
along with diced green onions cooked in a little olive oil.
The pork chops are cut into cubes and sprinkled on the rice.
Then the special sauce, made with fish sauce, lemon juice, water and
sugar. here's first recipe I googled, I'm sure there are others.
http://www.hungryhuy.com/vietnamese-...nuoc-mam-cham/
The sauce is drizzled on the rice, then the eggs are put on top.
When you break the yoke into the rice with fish sauce, it is oh so good!

I don't no what she marinates the pork chops in, I suspect some hoisin
sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and...
We grow Thai hot peppers, she grinds them with a little vinegar and
stores it in peanut butter jars. Used daily. :-)

Mikek