Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Hugo[_2_] Hugo[_2_] is offline

Default IcePower 200ASC amp module

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm ,
Hugo wrote:
Thanks for all the puzzle pieces folks, the bottom octave is back!!

High voltage cap, fuse in the right place.. all good!

Really appreciate the assistance ?

Hugo wrote:

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm
,
Hugo wrote:
javielectronicamateos wrote:

El jueves, 21 de julio de 2016, 20:31:31 (UTC+2), Gareth Magennis
escribi

Hi,

can't find any schematics for this module - its a Bang &

Olufsun combined

SMPS/Class D audio amp PCB.

The one I have has the exact same fault as this one:
http://forum.recordere.dk/uploads/36113/icepower3.jpg

Blown cap (presumably), but no way of finding out what it was.

There are other photos on the Interweb of this board which

show the
unmar
ked
device not blown up.

There's about 330v DC across the remains, and my amp module

still
works

without it.

This is in a powered Studio Monitor Sub, seems these modules

are
reasonab
ly
popular in this kind of thing - B&O would not sell these

to the
public,

though I read on a forum while Googling today that they might

now,
but ar
prohibitively expensive.

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end

goes
to the

three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I

guess
current

sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the

transformer
which
is
at high HT.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Hola, el condensador es de 2,2pf 2kv y poner un fusible de 3,15a y

funcio
nar.

Hi and thanks for info. I've been looking at this on and off for a long
time!
With my very limited but growing (mostly iPhone and Mac logic board)
electronics
knowledge I'm still rather unsure of what to do to fix the amp.

So avoid SMD - Use something like a single layer ceramic through hole?
600v to 2kv from looking through the thread
2.2pf or whatever pf can fit for component size?
A fuse 3.15amp so the cap doesn't keep blowing or maybe the 3 resistors
in
series after the cap... - something leaded and I'm lost on voltage here,
250v?

perhaps this cap -
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/cerami...itors/8312929/
with this fuse -
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/non-re...fuses/8951678/

Any help would be super appreciated, I'm in dire need of BASS!!!