Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Turntable drive belt.

Hi all, I'd like to get my wife's old turntable up and running for the holidays. It's a Dual CS505-2 and I need a new belt. Any favorite places to buy such gear. I'm in the US. I found LPgear selling it for ~$20. I didn't look much further 'cause I figured I could ask here.

Thanks,

George H.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:55:04 -0800, ggherold wrote:

Hi all, I'd like to get my wife's old turntable up and running for the
holidays. It's a Dual CS505-2 and I need a new belt. Any favorite
places to buy such gear. I'm in the US. I found LPgear selling it for
~$20. I didn't look much further 'cause I figured I could ask here.

Thanks,

George H.

There is a site, lpgear.com that shows dual belts

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, December 13, 2013 7:55:04 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi all, I'd like to get my wife's old turntable up and running for the holidays. It's a Dual CS505-2 and I need a new belt. Any favorite places to buy such gear. I'm in the US. I found LPgear selling it for ~$20. I didn't look much further 'cause I figured I could ask here.

Thanks,

George H.

If the rubber is badh, you'd be wise to check the lubricants so that the other parts don't wear out quickly.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Hi all, I'd like to get my wife's old turntable up and running for
the holidays. It's a Dual CS505-2 and I need a new belt. Any
favorite places to buy such gear.

In 2006-ish, I bought replacement belts for my cassette-based answering
machine from the local electronic supply store. I first inquired at a
couple of places that still advertised TV/VCR/stereo repairs. One
didn't have any leads and the other steered me to the store. At that
time, either I couldn't find an online source, or I didn't mind paying
a little more to see the belts in person.

I found that it helped to know about what I wanted before I went in
there. A lot of audio belts seem to be made or supplied by "PRB" or
maybe "EVG", which are both tentacles of Russell Industries. Russell
doesn't seem to sell onesy-twosey to humans; only to companies.

http://russellind.com/client/download/PRB_Belt_XRef.pdf says (PDF page
146) that a Dual "CS-505/-1" takes an "FRY13.1" belt; no word on a
CS505-2. The specifications on PDF page 275 say that an FRY13.1 subs
to an FRX13.1, which is 13.1 inch inside circumference, 0.140 inches
wide, and 0.031 inches thick.

If the particular shop really does sell belts, they will also have the
little measuring jig that can measure yours - basically a sliding ruler
with round pegs at the ends. If they measure an old belt, they subtract
a fudge factor of a few percent (stretch) to get the replacement belt.

You appear to be somewhere in New York state. If you're near NYC, I
feel really confident that *somebody* in town still has one on the
shelf; elsewhere I am not as sure. Russel Industries has an address
on Long Island, but I don't know if they have a "will call" counter.

I found LPgear selling it for ~$20.

The cassette belts were smaller, like 2 inches ID, and I recall them
selling for $2 or $3 each. This is somewhat of a hazy memory, though.

Matt Roberds

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I don't have alisting for
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I don't have a listing for your model, but I do have many belts for turntables. Shoot me an Email directly at the address below and I'll get you what you need. TT belts usually go for $8-$10. I have many in stock from years of servicing. I'm located in Ma.

Dan

DansABRservices at yahoo dot com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 12/13/2013 10:55 AM, wrote:
Hi all, I'd like to get my wife's old turntable up and running for the holidays. It's a Dual CS505-2 and I need a new belt. Any favorite places to buy such gear. I'm in the US. I found LPgear selling it for ~$20. I didn't look much further 'cause I figured I could ask here.

Thanks,

George H.

George,

I generally get my Dual parts from South Street Service

http://turntableexperts.com/

who are an excellent choice for Dual parts in general. Some of the
aftermarket belts are of questionable fit and quality. Don't forget to
clean the drive surfaces of old rubber before installing the new belt.
Also, at this age, the turntable may need a general maintenance service
and lubrication.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:01:32 -0500, Tim Schwartz
wrote:

On 12/13/2013 10:55 AM, wrote:
[...]

Tim is right. Back when I was in audio repair, PRB belts would
sometimes double the wow and flutter of some cassette decks and
turntables than if the original belts were used.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On 12/13/2013 10:55 AM, wrote:

[...]

Hi guys, Thanks for all the responses. I was a bit it a hurry to get something ordered so I just went with an online place. (Vintage electronics IIRC)

George H.

Need help making special drive belt installation tool for 371 PorterCable belt sander [email protected] Metalworking 9 July 23rd 19 10:18 PM
How to install new drive belt...Ryobi BE-321 3x21 belt sander jbclem Woodworking 7 May 31st 05 10:24 PM
Looking for a cheap price on drive belt (rubber) for belt sander jbclem Woodworking 9 May 20th 05 11:13 AM
Turntable drive belt .. T i m UK diy 78 May 12th 05 07:16 PM
Yamaha YP-B2 turntable belt placement Virgil Electronics Repair 2 September 13th 03 03:04 AM