Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Turntable drive belt.

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, wrote:

Hi all, I'd like to get my wife's old turntable up and running for the
holidays. It's a Dual CS505-2 and I need a new belt. Any favorite
places to buy such gear. I'm in the US. I found LPgear selling it for
~$20. I didn't look much further 'cause I figured I could ask here.

I paid at least ten dollars for a replacement belt for my Lenco L133 (from
1978) about 6 years ago. It was a local place, still carrying that kind
of stuff.

My first thought was "that's expensive for a bit of rubber", and I did
wonder if the place was charging for rent on the item, upping the price to
justify keeping the belts around.

But then I thought "I've had this turntable since 1978, paid good money
back then, and there's never been a problem" so spending ten or whatever
dollars on it was a small amount to get it starting faster (it was still
working with the old belt, which was the original belt, it just needed me
to spin the turntable a bit to get going).

Michael