Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Television Magazine (1986/87).

Please does anyone have scans of the spectrum analyser project from late 86/
early 87 Television magazine?

The project is to rearrange a mono portable so a vertical TB derived 30V
sawtooth sweeps the tuner varicaps, while the AGC switches the beam current
line by line to indicate the relative position and amplitude of any signals
the UHF tuner finds.

The project was in several installments, starting (I'm fairly sure) late 86.
Unfortunately the relevant issues seem to have become missing from my
collection!

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Please does anyone have scans of the spectrum analyser project from late 86/
early 87 Television magazine?

The project is to rearrange a mono portable so a vertical TB derived 30V
sawtooth sweeps the tuner varicaps, while the AGC switches the beam current
line by line to indicate the relative position and amplitude of any signals
the UHF tuner finds.

The project was in several installments, starting (I'm fairly sure) late 86.
Unfortunately the relevant issues seem to have become missing from my
collection!

You might google "Poor man's spectrum analyzer" - this is a somewhat
similar project, I believe.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ian Field wrote in message
Please does anyone have scans of the spectrum analyser project from late

86/
early 87 Television magazine?

The project is to rearrange a mono portable so a vertical TB derived 30V
sawtooth sweeps the tuner varicaps, while the AGC switches the beam

current
line by line to indicate the relative position and amplitude of any

signals
the UHF tuner finds.

The project was in several installments, starting (I'm fairly sure) late

86.
Unfortunately the relevant issues seem to have become missing from my
collection!

Thanks.

I probably have the issue/s but it means delving into the most inaccessible
part of a cold shed. If no active replies in the next few days I will go
trekking

If its in
1986 Jan,Feb,May,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec
1987 Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Nov

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 30/01/2012 08:21, N_Cook wrote:

I probably have the issue/s but it means delving into the most inaccessible
part of a cold shed. If no active replies in the next few days I will go
trekking

If its in
1986 Jan,Feb,May,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec
1987 Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Nov

If it helps,

Spectrum Analyser Project - G11 Chassis
November 1986, Page 19

Found in the Television magazine index program at
http://www.davesergeant.com/dstv.htm

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 30/01/2012 08:21, N_Cook wrote:

I probably have the issue/s but it means delving into the most
inaccessible
part of a cold shed. If no active replies in the next few days I will go
trekking

If its in
1986 Jan,Feb,May,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec
1987 Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Nov

If it helps,

Spectrum Analyser Project - G11 Chassis
November 1986, Page 19

Found in the Television magazine index program at
http://www.davesergeant.com/dstv.htm

--
Adrian C

Looks like I've somehow got confused! - the project I was thinking about was
based on a "generic" monochrome portable.

It could be; "A spectrum analyser conversion" 08/2004 P588 (& possibly more
parts in following issues) - which also seem to have gone missing!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ian Field wrote:

Please does anyone have scans of the spectrum analyser project from late 86/
early 87 Television magazine?

The project is to rearrange a mono portable so a vertical TB derived 30V
sawtooth sweeps the tuner varicaps, while the AGC switches the beam current
line by line to indicate the relative position and amplitude of any signals
the UHF tuner finds.

The project was in several installments, starting (I'm fairly sure) late 86.
Unfortunately the relevant issues seem to have become missing from my
collection!

Have you tried 'Google Books'? A lot of old magazines have been
scanned and can be read online. You can't save the images but you can
use 'Print Screen' to copy it in pieces, if they have it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote in message

Ian Field wrote:

Please does anyone have scans of the spectrum analyser project from late

86/
early 87 Television magazine?

The project is to rearrange a mono portable so a vertical TB derived 30V
sawtooth sweeps the tuner varicaps, while the AGC switches the beam

current
line by line to indicate the relative position and amplitude of any

signals
the UHF tuner finds.

The project was in several installments, starting (I'm fairly sure) late

86.
Unfortunately the relevant issues seem to have become missing from my
collection!

Have you tried 'Google Books'? A lot of old magazines have been
scanned and can be read online. You can't save the images but you can
use 'Print Screen' to copy it in pieces, if they have it.

Unfortunately it seems unlikely. search term "television" too numerous and
no magazine/periodical sub-section , IWS, in
http://books.google.com/advanced_book_search?
I tried "wireless world" and only 2 editions

Does it need representative ISBN range numbers?

Anyone more familiar with that bit of google?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Have you tried 'Google Books'? A lot of old magazines have been
scanned and can be read online. You can't save the images but you can
use 'Print Screen' to copy it in pieces, if they have it.

Unfortunately it seems unlikely. search term "television" too numerous and
no magazine/periodical sub-section , IWS, in
http://books.google.com/advanced_book_search?
I tried "wireless world" and only 2 editions

Does it need representative ISBN range numbers?

i just type in the book title, or name of a magazine and the date and
find a lot of what I want to see. If it's not there, it means that they
haven't got their hands on a hard copy to scan, or it hasn't been
scanned yet. Here is how they do the 'scanning'.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/library/2009/04/the_granting_of_patent_7508978.html