Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Default american beer inferier?

What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Qo you like Beef?
A:Well suck my C.O.C.K Its Dripping!

sticking it to ''Politcal Correctness'' since 2008
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
or otherwise.

There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
or otherwise.

There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
--
PeteCresswell

I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 4, 7:49*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
or otherwise.

There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. *But they're
smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
--
PeteCresswell

I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

No. It's as American as it gets. For commercial, watery, fairly
tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. It's great for canoeing/
kayaking because you can get it in cans.

Arfa

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 4, 1:34*pm, "Peter Lucas (SAS RET)" wrote:
What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Qo you like Beef?
A:Well suck my C.O.C.K Its Dripping!

sticking it to ''Politcal Correctness'' since 2008

Assuming you're correct, why do you know?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 4, 7:03*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):

What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
or otherwise.

We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
Or anything else, for that matter.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Christopher Helms wrote in message
[...]

&&&&&&

The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or does the
word duff in the USA have the same meaning

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for
the Brits or does the word duff in the USA have the
same meaning?

To me, "duff" refers to the posterior.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

What do Urine and American Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

You'd only know that if you drank urine, right?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

I am, by the way, a teetotaler.

The story goes that American beers were once "better". But during WWII, they
were lightened to appeal more to females, who had become a larger percentage
of the drinking population (the males being away at war). No reversal to the
original taste occurred after the war.

Coors is certainly among the worst major brands. In my light-drinking days,
I tasted Coors and decided I'd rather drink plain water.

"Sam Adams" makes strong claims for the quality and character of their
beers. One of their light beers supposedly won a first prize in a German
contest where there was no light-beer category.

There is a "Discovery" series "Brewmasters", though the title should be
"Brewmaster", as the focus is on a single brewery, Dogfish Head, which makes
all sorts of beers that would never pass the German purity standards. (What
is this about Germans and purity, anyway?)

Dogfish Head is an odd company that doesn't seem to be paying attention to
simple common sense. In one episode they discover that a filler tube on one
machines has disappeared, presumably into a bottle. Not wanting to discard
the run, which would cost them thousands of dollars, they open the cases and
check the bottles one by one.

I was startled. Most food companies have a metal detector somewhere near the
end of the line to prevent such problems. (I might give them a call.)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Bryan" wrote in message
[...]

There seems to be a big difference between Michelob on tap and in bottles
from what I've seen. A few years back, when you asked for a Mich in a
restaurant, that's what you got. It was about on a par with some of the
'better' lagers here in the UK. Now, it seems that you get a Mich Ultra by
default. Is that actually the only one from them in a bottle now? I don't
get over there often enough to really know. I found the Ultra a bit of an
'acquired taste'. It certainly tastes a lot weaker than other versions that
I had previously drunk, but doesn't actually seem to be. It is a lot less
'rounded' in taste - a bit thin and 'crisp' - but never-the-less, quite a
pleasant refreshing drink with a meal. Once you've let it warm up just a bit
from the almost-frozen state that it gets delivered to your table in, that
is ... For plain old 'throwing a few beers down your throat' it's hard to
beat good old Bud. Just about strong enough to qualify, and quite a pleasant
taste. Bit gassy, but tolerable. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote in message
The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for
the Brits or does the word duff in the USA have the
same meaning?

To me, "duff" refers to the posterior.

In Britland it mainly means inferior as well as the posterior (perhaps more
usually here as a ladies front-bottom, to be twee. Strange the related
UK/USA useage of the word fanny)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 7:45*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Bryan" wrote in message

On Dec 4, 7:49 pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

. ..

Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
[...]

Regular Mich and Mich Light are in bottles too.

I don't get over there often enough to really know. I found the Ultra a bit of an
'acquired taste'. It certainly tastes a lot weaker than other versions that
I had previously drunk, but doesn't actually seem to be. It is a lot less
'rounded' in taste - a bit thin and 'crisp' - but never-the-less, quite a
pleasant refreshing drink with a meal. Once you've let it warm up just a bit
from the almost-frozen state that it gets delivered to your table in, that
is ...

It should only be drunk at 35F. Mich Ultra is mostly just water,
ethanol and CO2.
You can mix one 12 oz bottle of Ultra with 4 oz of Guiness Extra Sout
to get a decent pint without a lot of carbs.

*For plain old 'throwing a few beers down your throat' it's hard to
beat good old Bud.

I'm from St. Louis (the home of Bud), and I don't drink the stuff.

Just about strong enough to qualify, and quite a pleasant
taste. Bit gassy, but tolerable. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

You can have my share of the Stella. Next time you're here, order a
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or some other beer called American pale ale.

Arfa

--Bryan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 06:39:38 -0800 (PST), Bryan
wrote:

You can have my share of the Stella. Next time you're here, order a
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or some other beer called American pale ale.

Indeed, all praise to Nin-Kasi for Sierra Nevada! They also brewed this
year's annual run of Celebration ale from wet hops, a pleasant surprise.

http://beeradvocate.com/articles/304

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 4, 5:49*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
or otherwise.

There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. *But they're
smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

Canadian breweries have been making American brands for year,
apparently cross-border TV ads have stimulated demand for "The Silver
Bullet" etc. Then you have the strange case of Minhas Craft Brewery:
The former Huber Brewery of Wisconsin was bought out by immigrants to
Canada, who benefit from NAFTA by brewing beers there for the Canadian
market. Minhas also makes beer for Trader Joe's -- $3 for a sixpack of
cans.

TJ's used to carry Huber products back in the day.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 5:45*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:

[...]

I can't taste the difference between Stella and Coors.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 04/12/2010 8:52 PM, Bryan wrote:

There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
--
PeteCresswell

I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

No. It's as American as it gets. For commercial, watery, fairly
tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. It's great for canoeing/
kayaking because you can get it in cans.

It is sex in a canoe beer.... ****ing near water.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 13:34:49 -0800 (PST), "Peter Lucas (SAS RET)"
wrote:

What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

So you've being extensive comparisons?

PlainBill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:

So you've being extensive comparisons?

All of our extensive comparison beings are belongs to us.

Lumpy

You were on CHiPs? Did you wear those sexy
tight pants and high boots like Erik Estrada?
No. Swimtrunks.
www.LumpyMusic.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 6:22*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
[...]

In the US it's usually used to refer to ones bottom, as in "Why don't
you get off your duff and go find a job?" There's a guy named Duff who
is or was in the band Guns & Roses at one time, and there was a woman
named Duff on MTv back in the 90's, but those are the only non
Simpsons duffs I can think of right now.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 6:22 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
[...]

&&&&&

Duff in the UK can mean anything between inferior to outright broken . ie a
duff amplifier is no longer working and oddly maybe marked U/S by someone
checking such things. U/S being services speak for un-serviceable. Perhaps
at the same sort of time fanny as a word changed meaning as it was
associated with the F.A.N.Y (Female Auxilliary Nursing Yeomanry) in WW2

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
Ron Ron is offline

On 05/12/2010 21:15, N_Cook wrote:
Christopher wrote in message
On Dec 5, 6:22 am, wrote:
Christopher wrote in message

On Dec 4, 7:03 pm, wrote:

Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):

[...]

see 'Fanny Hill' by John Cleland.
In some areas in the mid 18th century, prostitutes were known as Fannys

Ron
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Peter Lucas (SAS RET)" wrote in message

What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

Some American draught beers are really tasty.

American bottled beer tends to be just beer. Drinkable, if you are thirsty.
There are a few notable exceptions.

http://www.hopsaficionado.com/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 10:29*am, spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Dec 5, 5:45*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:

.. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

I can't taste the difference between Stella and Coors.

They don't taste anything alike. I'm no fan of Stella, but Coors is
much worse.

--Bryan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 11:10*am, Dave Smith wrote:
On 04/12/2010 8:52 PM, Bryan wrote:

There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. *But they're
smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
--
PeteCresswell

I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

No. *It's as American as it gets. *For commercial, watery, fairly
tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. *It's great for canoeing/
kayaking because you can get it in cans.

It is sex in a canoe beer.... ****ing near water.

It's also paddling a canoe beer. It's fairly low in alcohol, and it
comes in cans. Bottles are illegal on steams in MO.

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Bryan" wrote in message
On Dec 5, 10:29 am, spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Dec 5, 5:45 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:

. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

I can't taste the difference between Stella and Coors.

They don't taste anything alike. I'm no fan of Stella, but Coors is
much worse.

--Bryan

When I was a youngster they did not sell Coors here (WA), so people would
drive over the mountains to Idaho to buy it. They would come back with a
trunk full of the stuff and it was a big thing to go to a "Coors party". The
first time I got to taste one I said "if we did not have horse **** here
would you drive to Idaho to buy it"? They were quite offended and needless
to say I was no longer invited to any more Coors parties. My loss I'm sure.
--
GUN CONTROL: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 12/5/2010 5:59 PM, Alex Clayton wrote:

When I was a youngster they did not sell Coors here (WA), so people
would drive over the mountains to Idaho to buy it. They would come back
with a trunk full of the stuff and it was a big thing to go to a "Coors
party". The first time I got to taste one I said "if we did not have
horse **** here would you drive to Idaho to buy it"? They were quite
offended and needless to say I was no longer invited to any more Coors
parties. My loss I'm sure.

Sounds like a win to me. Coors is awful.

--
Currently reading: To Try Men's Souls by Newt Gingrich and William
Forstchen
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 12/5/2010 6:09 PM, ravenlynne wrote:
On 12/5/2010 5:59 PM, Alex Clayton wrote:

When I was a youngster they did not sell Coors here (WA), so people
would drive over the mountains to Idaho to buy it. They would come back
with a trunk full of the stuff and it was a big thing to go to a "Coors
party". The first time I got to taste one I said "if we did not have
horse **** here would you drive to Idaho to buy it"? They were quite
offended and needless to say I was no longer invited to any more Coors
parties. My loss I'm sure.

Sounds like a win to me. Coors is awful.

Yeah. AB Natural Light is the only good beer.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 12/4/2010 4:34 PM, Peter Lucas (SAS RET) wrote:
What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Qo you like Beef?
A:Well suck my C.O.C.K Its Dripping!

sticking it to ''Politcal Correctness'' since 2008

Laughable coming from an Australian........XXXX
JC

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 05/12/2010 7:30 PM, BrotherBart wrote:

Sounds like a win to me. Coors is awful.

Yeah. AB Natural Light is the only good beer.

I don't get this light beer thing. What is the point? Beer should have
some body and flavour. You don't have to drink it until it's coming out
your nose.

Back in 2002 I was in Golden Colorado to visit some friends. We had gone
down tot he hotel bar for happy hour and their special was buy one draft
beer get one free. I asked the bar tender if it was Coors. His answered
"No sir. We have some good beers too"
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 12/5/2010 7:40 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
On 05/12/2010 7:30 PM, BrotherBart wrote:

Sounds like a win to me. Coors is awful.

Yeah. AB Natural Light is the only good beer.

I don't get this light beer thing. What is the point? Beer should have
some body and flavour. You don't have to drink it until it's coming out
your nose.

ITA, but I'm past that part of my life where I feel the need to get
smashed. These same people who drink light beer will drink 18 sodas a
day. If you want the beer, have a good one, and cut out a morning
starbucks.

Back in 2002 I was in Golden Colorado to visit some friends. We had gone
down tot he hotel bar for happy hour and their special was buy one draft
beer get one free. I asked the bar tender if it was Coors. His answered
"No sir. We have some good beers too"

LOL! That's awesome.

--
Currently reading: To Try Men's Souls by Newt Gingrich and William
Forstchen
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Bryan" wrote in message

[...]

I'm actually there in a coupla weeks' time. I'll give it a shot. I've never
actually heard of America doing a 'pale ale'. IPA or India Pale Ale used to
be very popular here some years back, when everyone drank 'proper' beer, but
it's mostly lager beers that are the popular drink now. Most pubs and bars
still sell beer as well as lager, but a fair bit of the proper beer now, is
what they call 'real ale'. Any effervescence that it has is from
fermentation gas dissolved in the beer, rather than from added CO2, used to
drive the stuff out of the keg, and up the pipe to the tap on the bar. This
ale is 'pulled' up the pipe by a hand operated lift pump.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Bryan" wrote in message

[...]

Never mind ... :-)

Actually, there used to be a Coors beer that I liked. Was it called 'Gold'
maybe ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Bryan" wrote in message

[...]

When Coors first appeared around here in New England, it was a fine
tasting beer, because it was shipped in from the main place I guess..

Then some one thought it would be a nice thing to have it made closer
to home.. So they started to bottle it in N.Y., it tasted like a generic
crap beer after that.. If you went to the packy, you could still get it
from where it was originally made, but not in too many places like bars
etc..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 5:06*pm, ravenlynne wrote:
On 12/5/2010 7:40 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

Back in 2002 I was in Golden Colorado to visit some friends. We had gone
down tot he hotel bar for happy hour and their special was buy one draft
beer get one free. I asked the bar tender if it was Coors. His answered
"No sir. We have some good beers too"

LOL! *That's awesome.

In a beer bar in Bruges they talked me out of ordering a Blanche de
Bruges, for the same reason: the local product was clearly inferior.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Alex Clayton wrote:

"Bryan" wrote in message
On Dec 5, 10:29 am, spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Dec 5, 5:45 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:

. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

I can't taste the difference between Stella and Coors.

They don't taste anything alike. I'm no fan of Stella, but Coors is
much worse.

--Bryan

When I was a youngster they did not sell Coors here (WA), so people would
drive over the mountains to Idaho to buy it. They would come back with a
trunk full of the stuff and it was a big thing to go to a "Coors party". The
first time I got to taste one I said "if we did not have horse **** here
would you drive to Idaho to buy it"? They were quite offended and needless
to say I was no longer invited to any more Coors parties. My loss I'm sure.

The only decent thing I've seen from Coors, were the three Sony 1"
VTRs we bought form their advertising department for a TV station in
Orlando.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 7:25*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
I am, by the way, a teetotaler.

The story goes that American beers were once "better". But during WWII, they
were lightened to appeal more to females, who had become a larger percentage
of the drinking population (the males being away at war). No reversal to the
original taste occurred after the war.

Another reason was because ingredients were in shorter supply due to
rationing. IIRC, almost no beer was sold in cans during the war
because they were metal, which was also in short supply. Even packs of
Lucky Strikes turned white because the green they had been using for
their label was derived from copper which was needed for the war
effort.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

I don't get this light beer thing. What is the point? Beer
should have some body and flavour. You don't have to
drink it until it's coming out your nose.

It's a social thing. Shmoozing with your buddies for hour after hour, while
downing beer after beer, is a mark of True Masculinity. So a lower-calorie
beer seems desirable.

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s, long before low-carb
became a trend. I remember seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 05/12/2010 10:20 PM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Dec 5, 5:06 pm, wrote:
On 12/5/2010 7:40 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

Back in 2002 I was in Golden Colorado to visit some friends. We had gone
down tot he hotel bar for happy hour and their special was buy one draft
beer get one free. I asked the bar tender if it was Coors. His answered
"No sir. We have some good beers too"

LOL! That's awesome.

In a beer bar in Bruges they talked me out of ordering a Blanche de
Bruges, for the same reason: the local product was clearly inferior.

The day we passed through Bruges we ended up staying in Ypres. It was a
hot summer day and I ordered a glass of beer. It was incredible. I was
too busy enjoying the best beer of my life to find out what it was. It
was incredible.

Beer Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 14 August 6th 10 10:47 AM
Beer. ian field[_2_] Electronic Schematics 2 December 20th 09 05:49 PM
Private Banking Made Simple - because patsy wasted American Soldiers will just refuse to defend American values - Torture is a crime against God and Humanity. - Bush closed 911 investigations according to the FBI. Gunner Asch[_4_] Woodworking 0 February 9th 09 02:40 AM
DIY Beer Andrew McKay UK diy 47 March 22nd 05 11:40 AM
American Only (was: charge an american device in Europe) Adrian Brentnall Electronics Repair 0 January 18th 05 08:14 AM