Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default american beer inferier?

"Bryan" wrote in message
On Dec 5, 7:45 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Bryan" wrote in message

On Dec 4, 7:49 pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

. ..

Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
or otherwise.

There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
--
PeteCresswell

I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall
someone
telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

No. It's as American as it gets. For commercial, watery, fairly
tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. It's great for canoeing/
kayaking because you can get it in cans.

Arfa

--Bryan

There seems to be a big difference between Michelob on tap and in bottles
from what I've seen. A few years back, when you asked for a Mich in a
restaurant, that's what you got. It was about on a par with some of the
'better' lagers here in the UK. Now, it seems that you get a Mich Ultra
by
default. Is that actually the only one from them in a bottle now?

Regular Mich and Mich Light are in bottles too.

I don't get over there often enough to really know. I found the Ultra a
bit of an
'acquired taste'. It certainly tastes a lot weaker than other versions
that
I had previously drunk, but doesn't actually seem to be. It is a lot less
'rounded' in taste - a bit thin and 'crisp' - but never-the-less, quite a
pleasant refreshing drink with a meal. Once you've let it warm up just a
bit
from the almost-frozen state that it gets delivered to your table in,
that
is ...

It should only be drunk at 35F. Mich Ultra is mostly just water,
ethanol and CO2.
You can mix one 12 oz bottle of Ultra with 4 oz of Guiness Extra Sout
to get a decent pint without a lot of carbs.

For plain old 'throwing a few beers down your throat' it's hard to
beat good old Bud.

I'm from St. Louis (the home of Bud), and I don't drink the stuff.

Just about strong enough to qualify, and quite a pleasant
taste. Bit gassy, but tolerable. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

You can have my share of the Stella. Next time you're here, order a
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or some other beer called American pale ale.

Arfa

--Bryan

I'm actually there in a coupla weeks' time. I'll give it a shot. I've never
actually heard of America doing a 'pale ale'. IPA or India Pale Ale used to
be very popular here some years back, when everyone drank 'proper' beer, but
it's mostly lager beers that are the popular drink now. Most pubs and bars
still sell beer as well as lager, but a fair bit of the proper beer now, is
what they call 'real ale'. Any effervescence that it has is from
fermentation gas dissolved in the beer, rather than from added CO2, used to
drive the stuff out of the keg, and up the pipe to the tap on the bar. This
ale is 'pulled' up the pipe by a hand operated lift pump.

Arfa