Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 7 segment display with 4 digits

Hello everyone,
someone has the pinout of this four-digit display
LFU-421-2003A 44A?
The dsplay was dismounted from a VCR,
I'd like to reuse it to build a clock or a timer-counter
Thanks to all
Hello
Joseph
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

RGR-74 wrote:
Hello everyone,
someone has the pinout of this four-digit display
LFU-421-2003A 44A?
The dsplay was dismounted from a VCR,
I'd like to reuse it to build a clock or a timer-counter
Thanks to all
Hello
Joseph

One approach would be to get a copy of the service manual or schematic for
the VCR that the display came from. There, you can (maybe) see the hookups,
voltages, etc. I say maybe because sometimes the schematics are just
drawings and seem to be devoid of useful info. You'll have to take a chance
that way.
Best bet would be to visit Mouser.com or Digikey.com and search for LCD or
VF displays that they stock. Most of those will have links to spec sheets
that detail all the pertinent info you will need to build your clock.

--
David
masondg44 at comcast dot net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 18 Nov, 16:07, "Dave M" wrote:
RGR-74 wrote:
[...]

Thanks David
I report an error in the code of the dis
the exact code is: "LFU-4421-2003A 744A";
I have tried in every place, but without finding anything,
the only thing I know is that is used in a videoregistarore of Funai,
29D861 model, unfortunately I no longer have it on video, where I
dismounted, I've schematic (now no longer provides them nobody
manufacturer).
Is there anyone who can advise me on where I can find the wiring
diagram of the VCR, which derive from the connections of the display?
Thanks to all.
Joseph
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 03:27:54 -0800 (PST), RGR-74
wrote:

Is there anyone who can advise me on where I can find the wiring
diagram of the VCR, which derive from the connections of the display?

If 'net searches aren't working, then the next quickest way is to just
pin it out yourself.

The "high tech" approach would be to use a DMM with a diode test range
and check successive pin pairs until you're able to determine which are
the digit commons and which are the segments. It almost takes longer to
describe than to do.

Alternately, a "low tech" approach would be to grab a couple of AA (LR6)
cells, a few bits of wire, and a small resistor in the range of, say,
150 to 330 ohms. Then probe around to see what lights up what.

Note that even though it's a small resistor, you can't leave it out as
it's needed to limit the current through the LED. 150 ohms will hit
around 10 mA, which is probably the smallest you should use. Larger is
better, up to maybe 1 Kohms (which will probably still allow enough
current to see a segment).

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 03:27:54 -0800 (PST), RGR-74
put finger to keyboard and composed:

the exact code is: "LFU-4421-2003A 744A";
I have tried in every place, but without finding anything,
the only thing I know is that is used in a videoregistarore of Funai,
29D861 model ...

ftp://funai.de/Public/VCR/Service_Ma...ice_Manual.pdf

ftp://funai.de/Public

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Nov, 17:56, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 03:27:54 -0800 (PST), RGR-74
put finger to keyboard and composed:

the exact code is: "LFU-4421-2003A 744A";
I have tried in every place, but without finding anything,
the only thing I know is that is used in a videoregistarore of Funai,
29D861 model ...

ftp://funai.de/Public/VCR/Service_Ma...G457ED)_Servic...

ftp://funai.de/Public

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc Zabkar,
Your link was very useful
in fact with the schematic I was able to get the pinout of the
display.
When the project is ready, we'll publish some photos directly on my
website.
Thanks to all.
Joseph.