Hn J

Default My digits

1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

Knothead

You braggin? Keep'em in an old pickle jar with formaldehyde in the shop to
remind yourself or what?

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

Unquestionably Confused

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

I guess! Lose one and I'd be giving it (what I was doing in the shop)
some real serious thought. Twice? In the same year? Start looking at
stamp collecting and damn the paper cuts!g

Robin Lee

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

Hmm -

2 more, and you're gonna have trouble countin' how many are missing... the
good news is - you'll always be able to count how many are left.....

Rob

Teamcasa

Maybe you should take up golf.

Dave

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

http://www.usenet.com
bole2cant

"Robin Lee" wrote in message
news

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

2 more, and you're gonna have trouble countin' how many are missing... the
good news is - you'll always be able to count how many are left.....

======================
Oldie but goody:

How high can you count on your fingers? Assuming 10!

-Doug

LRod

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:56:51 -0700, "bole2cant"
wrote:

"Robin Lee" wrote in message
news

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

2 more, and you're gonna have trouble countin' how many are missing... the
good news is - you'll always be able to count how many are left.....

======================
Oldie but goody:

How high can you count on your fingers? Assuming 10!

In binary that's tragic.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
bole2cant

"LRod" wrote in message

I wrote:
Oldie but goody:

How high can you count on your fingers? Assuming 10!

In binary that's tragic.

=====================
I don't get the tragic reference....

But the reference to binary is correct: 2^10 or 1024.

-Doug

bob

Is it a coincidence that just last night on King of the Hill reruns, that
Hank cut off a buddy's finger with a circular saw?

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

Tim Douglass

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:06:06 -0700, "bole2cant"
wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message

I wrote:
Oldie but goody:

How high can you count on your fingers? Assuming 10!

In binary that's tragic.

=====================
I don't get the tragic reference....

But the reference to binary is correct: 2^10 or 1024.

The reference to binary is that 10 in binary is 2 in decimal - so only
2 fingers remaining is tragic.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Frank Ketchum

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

It must be tough to type.

Shawn Wilson

How high can you count on your fingers? Assuming 10!

In binary that's tragic.

=====================
I don't get the tragic reference....

But the reference to binary is correct: 2^10 or 1024.

Actually, the highest you could count to would be 1023, as the first number you
count is 0. That is, unless you pre-date the Mayans. I know there are some
codgers here, but sheesh ).

Shameless plug:
I've got a Flash tutorial on my site explaining how to count to 31 on one hand.
Same principle applies to 2 hands.
http://www.glassgiant.com/misc_count...n_one_hand.php

History of Zero:
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/gen99535.htm

Regards,
Shawn
--
Shawn Wilson

http://www.glassgiant.com
Slowhand

"Hn J" wrote in message
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

Judging on your previous experience, it looks like you have about 20 years
or so before your out of finger nails to bite. You might be more careful.
SH - The "still got all 10 of 'em" woodworker.

OldNick

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:43:46 -0800, "Teamcasa"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Maybe you should take up golf.

Wot? And lose all his toes???
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:13:42 GMT, (Dave Mundt) wrote:

Greetings and Salutations....

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:39:26 -0500, Allen
wrote:

In article ,

.... snip

Dave,
You might find this link useful for such reminders

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/default.htm

Allen

Haw! that is a great resource. I have grabbed a
few items from them in the past. I believe that is where I got
the picture of the guy welding the gasoline tank on his truck,
while it is propped up at about 45 degrees by a couple of
4x4s.
Regards
Dave Mundt

I took a look at that link, e-mailed it to work as a matter of fact, some
of the photos should be useful. But, they also seem to get a bit carried
away; for example, the baby spare on the back of the jeep leading into a
diatribe about how sorry the driver will be when he has a flat -- my bet is
the real spare is inside the jeep. As in, "it's a joke son, a joke I say".
Some of the other diatribes were a bit off the deep end -- the situations
while not necessarily according to Hoyle were not necessarily
life-threatening hazards either. Guess one needs to apply some common
sense filters. Another example -- the coke can screw holder -- want to bet
the person using the can that way *wasn't* reaching his fingers into the
can for the screws, but was shaking the screws into his hand from the can?

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody
Dave Mundt

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:17:02 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:
*snip*

I took a look at that link, e-mailed it to work as a matter of fact, some
of the photos should be useful. But, they also seem to get a bit carried
away; for example, the baby spare on the back of the jeep leading into a
diatribe about how sorry the driver will be when he has a flat -- my bet is
the real spare is inside the jeep. As in, "it's a joke son, a joke I say".
Some of the other diatribes were a bit off the deep end -- the situations
while not necessarily according to Hoyle were not necessarily
life-threatening hazards either. Guess one needs to apply some common
sense filters. Another example -- the coke can screw holder -- want to bet
the person using the can that way *wasn't* reaching his fingers into the
can for the screws, but was shaking the screws into his hand from the can?

Yea, I am with you on that. It seems to me that the pictures
range from the AMAZINGLY dangerous (the stacked forklifts, the stacked
ladders, the truck propped up on 2x4 stock) to the mildly hazardous
(the various guys riding on the truck beds, and unsecured loads and
such) to, as noted above, the "its a joke moment"..
I did like the "surfaces may be hot" sign that was wrinkled
from the heat. I thought that was a EXCELLENT object lesson.
However, the author(s) all adopt the writing style that makes
ALL the pictures "the same" in terms of danger to life and limb. Haw,
considering some of the REALLY stupid things I have seen folks do,
perhaps they have a point...but in many cases it seems more like
"Chicken Little" screaming that the sky is falling...
still a great collection of pictures, and many useful ones in
there.
Regards
Dave Mundt

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody

P.S.
This is a VERY observant comment! Got to remember that
simply because we got away with it THIS time does not mean that the
actions taken were "safe"...just that God smiled on us, and we were
preserved from our stupidity.
DCM
Allen Epps

In article , Mark & Juanita
wrote:

[...]

Well, keep in mind the audience for that site varies widely, from the
most junior Marine rifleman to the saltiest Command Master Chief. Take
a look at the number of hard copy magazines the Safety Center puts out
for the various Navy communities to get some examples. It's also not
meant to cover just really dumb dangerous stuff that has happened but
in the spirit of Operational Risk Managment get shipmates to think
"what are the consequences" if even mundane stuff goes awry. It's all
about breaking a link in the mishap chain before the mishap occurs.

Spent several months at Naval PG school in Monterey learning all about
this and they rarely publish the truly gruesome stuff. I had a buddy
lose his left hand ejecting from an EA-6B when his Timex G shock got
caught on the centerline canopy bow. Degloved everything but the base
of his thumb and he's one that lived. Vince had a great atitude about
it afterward figuring the alternative was a deep smoking hole in the
ground in the Olympic mountains. The Navy made him specialized hands
for everything he wanted. As he was a triathelete he even had hands for
swimming and biking. That was over ten years ago so I'm sure he has
something even better now.

Allen
Kevin

Hn J wrote:
1- table saw 1995 cross cut. 2- band saw 1995 distracted. 3- router
table no guard 1996. only 6 1/2 left to go.

Last season I caught an episode of "Life in the ER" featuring
micro-surgeons, the re-attachment docs. Retiree came in with half of
his two middle fingers in a sandwich bag. The surgeon studied the
x-rays, and asked how they were amputated.

The ER doc replied, "table saw".

After further review the surgeon asked, "So, what happened to this
one", pointing to a third digit.

The ER doc got this 'I-really-hoped-you-wouldn't-ask' look on his
face. In a tight voice he said, "Um, 1965 in a table saw."

After a beat they both burst out laughing.