Dave Mundt

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:17:02 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:
*snip*

I took a look at that link, e-mailed it to work as a matter of fact, some
of the photos should be useful. But, they also seem to get a bit carried
away; for example, the baby spare on the back of the jeep leading into a
diatribe about how sorry the driver will be when he has a flat -- my bet is
the real spare is inside the jeep. As in, "it's a joke son, a joke I say".
Some of the other diatribes were a bit off the deep end -- the situations
while not necessarily according to Hoyle were not necessarily
life-threatening hazards either. Guess one needs to apply some common
sense filters. Another example -- the coke can screw holder -- want to bet
the person using the can that way *wasn't* reaching his fingers into the
can for the screws, but was shaking the screws into his hand from the can?

Yea, I am with you on that. It seems to me that the pictures
range from the AMAZINGLY dangerous (the stacked forklifts, the stacked
ladders, the truck propped up on 2x4 stock) to the mildly hazardous
(the various guys riding on the truck beds, and unsecured loads and
such) to, as noted above, the "its a joke moment"..
I did like the "surfaces may be hot" sign that was wrinkled
from the heat. I thought that was a EXCELLENT object lesson.
However, the author(s) all adopt the writing style that makes
ALL the pictures "the same" in terms of danger to life and limb. Haw,
considering some of the REALLY stupid things I have seen folks do,
perhaps they have a point...but in many cases it seems more like
"Chicken Little" screaming that the sky is falling...
still a great collection of pictures, and many useful ones in
there.
Regards
Dave Mundt

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody

P.S.
This is a VERY observant comment! Got to remember that
simply because we got away with it THIS time does not mean that the
actions taken were "safe"...just that God smiled on us, and we were
preserved from our stupidity.
DCM