Default dect handset drops digits on display

All,

My dect handset drops it digit from the display, or it seems to clear.
I can not complete a call. no matter what digit I input from the
keypad, it will clear in 2 seconds. I thought it was the reset board.
But it is not. It will do the same with or without the reset board.

In other words I can input one digit it wil clear in 2 seconds. I can
put 7 digits it will clear from the display (LCD)

Is this a hardware or software issue?

Clueless2

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a hardware or software issue?

Depends. If your phone has been working normally for a while before this
fault developed, then it is a safe bet that it is not going to be the
software, as software do not tend to change itself (especially those
residing in a ROM chip).

I see.
Thanks

Clueless2 wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a hardware or software issue?

Depends. If your phone has been working normally for a while before this
fault developed, then it is a safe bet that it is not going to be the
software, as software do not tend to change itself (especially those
residing in a ROM chip).

Digital LCD display defects ghosting Wild Bill Electronics Repair 2 May 3rd 05 04:52 AM
DECT phone funny Rod Hewitt UK diy 29 March 10th 05 01:24 PM
Display has no hard wire connections. Denny B Electronics Repair 1 December 24th 03 06:33 PM
Siemens Gigaset 2420 Display problem Michael Drum Electronics Repair 2 November 7th 03 06:00 AM
Chasing computer wiring (Cat-5) into plaster over brick wall Zymurgy UK diy 69 August 26th 03 05:05 PM