Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rich Webb Rich Webb is offline

Default 7 segment display with 4 digits

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 03:27:54 -0800 (PST), RGR-74
wrote:

Is there anyone who can advise me on where I can find the wiring
diagram of the VCR, which derive from the connections of the display?

If 'net searches aren't working, then the next quickest way is to just
pin it out yourself.

The "high tech" approach would be to use a DMM with a diode test range
and check successive pin pairs until you're able to determine which are
the digit commons and which are the segments. It almost takes longer to
describe than to do.

Alternately, a "low tech" approach would be to grab a couple of AA (LR6)
cells, a few bits of wire, and a small resistor in the range of, say,
150 to 330 ohms. Then probe around to see what lights up what.

Note that even though it's a small resistor, you can't leave it out as
it's needed to limit the current through the LED. 150 ohms will hit
around 10 mA, which is probably the smallest you should use. Larger is
better, up to maybe 1 Kohms (which will probably still allow enough
current to see a segment).

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA