Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Best connection

I am hooking up a cable box to an LCD TV.
Which is the preferred connection, S-video or AV?

Charlie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
says...
I am hooking up a cable box to an LCD TV.
Which is the preferred connection, S-video or AV?

HDMI
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I am hooking up a cable box to an LCD TV.
Which is the preferred connection, S-video or AV?

If by "AV" you're referring to "composite video" (a single RCA-jack
connection, typically color-coded yellow), then I'd say that S-Video
is going to be distinctly superior in almost all cases.

S-Video and composite video are both video-only connections. You'll
need a separate audio connection (usually dual RCA jacks, red and
white).

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"krw" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
I am hooking up a cable box to an LCD TV.
Which is the preferred connection, S-video or AV?

HDMI

good answer. too bad the cable box doesn't have that feature

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Charlie wrote:

I am hooking up a cable box to an LCD TV.
Which is the preferred connection, S-video or AV?

Which has the better comb filter, the TV or the cable box? How far is
the TV from the cable box?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Charlie wrote:
I am hooking up a cable box to an LCD TV.
Which is the preferred connection, S-video or AV?

Scart lead with Cable box set to RGB, as long as the TV
supports RGB and most modern do.
(noted you said HDMI not an option)

28mm connection - hose connection asalcedo UK diy 0 September 26th 08 07:14 PM
Gas hob connection CS UK diy 8 February 15th 08 07:50 AM
Help on Gas Hob Connection pls...???? Kaiser Sose UK diy 11 January 17th 07 08:18 PM
ROS/ DC Connection efgh Woodworking 7 December 2nd 06 02:13 AM
abs/pvc connection Steve B Home Repair 1 August 23rd 06 03:23 AM