Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Best connection

I am hooking up a cable box to an LCD TV.
Which is the preferred connection, S-video or AV?

If by "AV" you're referring to "composite video" (a single RCA-jack
connection, typically color-coded yellow), then I'd say that S-Video
is going to be distinctly superior in almost all cases.

S-Video and composite video are both video-only connections. You'll
need a separate audio connection (usually dual RCA jacks, red and
white).

--
Dave Platt AE6EO