Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default How to make a USB 2.0 male x male data link

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
m:

bz wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

James Sweet wrote:

I'm in the US and I despise spam, more than one email address I've
had has been rendered useless by the enormous volume of spam that
makes it in. I've had much better luck since I switched to gmail and
set up a number of disposable email forwards through trashmail.net,
now whenever I start getting spam from one, I can just drop it and
switch to another.

I use 'Mailwasher' to bounce the garbage as undeliverable.

NO!!!!!
NEVER bounce mail unless you can _guarantee_ that it goes to the ACTUAL
sender!!!!

I look at the headers, and bounce it back when the IP address matches
the server name.

That IS correct and a responsible thing to do.

AUTOMATIC bounces, as done by some software, IS abusive, however.

I was getting over 2000 pieces of junk a week when I
started. It quickly dropped to less than a dozen, and some of those are
from zombies on broadband connections. By bouncing those, their ISP can
spot the problem and tell them to fix their computer, or close their
account. There are millions of bounce from bad or closed e-mail
accounts every day. Some of the spammers remove the bounces form their
lists.

Most don't care. They get paid by numbers sent not delivered!

The spam with 50 or more addresses in the headers is sent by
those who don't give a damn.

Many spam with only one address in the header are sent by those who don't
give a hoover.

I am down to less than a dozen bounces a week. Some domains are
blacklisted by me and my E-mail server, along with Mailwashers checks
the spamcop and other blacklists.

I see our mail server rejecting dozens each day, thanks to various RBLs
that we use. I maintain it to continue relaying mail targeting old email
server addresses. It forwards to our new e-mail addresses.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

bz wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

James Sweet wrote:

I'm in the US and I despise spam, more than one email address I've had
has been rendered useless by the enormous volume of spam that makes it
in. I've had much better luck since I switched to gmail and set up a
number of disposable email forwards through trashmail.net, now whenever
I start getting spam from one, I can just drop it and switch to another.

I use 'Mailwasher' to bounce the garbage as undeliverable.

NO!!!!!
NEVER bounce mail unless you can _guarantee_ that it goes to the ACTUAL
sender!!!!

snip

Am I invisible or something? Are you blocking posts from giganews, ex-
supernews? I replied somewhat less aggressively with the same advice
some days ago and was ignored. In fact all of my replies in various
newsgroups over the last few days have been ignored and others making
similar replies later get responses ;(

My posts are showing up in the google archives however...

Just wondering,

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 25, 11:58*am, bz wrote:
"ctops.legal" wrote in news:d224cf89-0461-40a5-9604-
:

On May 24, 10:43*am, bz wrote:
"ctops.legal" wrote in news:20fd4783-628b-4d91-
:

I use thunderbird to read my e-mails.
I do a ctrl-U to view the source, which includes the headers.
Other programs have ways also. Takes some practice to understand the
headers.http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

"thunderbird " as in the email client ?

Yes, the one from mozilla.

, I had no idea thunderbird
mail client had such a feature.

As I suggested, readhttp://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

, there is some custom software I have
been hearing about but can't find it, is the thunderbird procedure
ctrl-U give correct ip information

Depending on what you mean by 'correct ip information', yes.

You need to understand what the header of the e-mail message gives you.
The only information that is 'completely trustworthy' is the LAST information
added by YOUR mail server when it is contacted by the server that sends it
the e-mail message.
Older header information could be forged [but is often correct].

A program/service such as samspade can be used to find more information on
the server that sent the e-mail to your mail server.

--
bz * * *73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

* remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap

Whts I mean is the correct ip info, the sorcecode that makes
thunderbird have the ctrl-U feature must have been written into a
custom software package ?

ctops.legal