Old February 9th 08, 03:11 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony 32" TV with colored upper corners

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Meat Plow wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:12:29 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:

Heh I've used a Weller 140 watt gun to degauss.

I wound my own degaussing coils about 40 years ago. You could see
the
CRT flicker at 20 feet when it was tuned on, and turned to face the
CRT. I make a bunch of them and sold all but one of them. They had 20
foot power cords and a heavy duty industrial chrome push button so you
didn't accidentally leave it turned on. I still have the one. they
were made with surplus 17 AWG DE/DC magnet wire. They were wound on a
plywood jig, then tied off and covered with two layers of 3M #66
electrical tape. The switch was mounted on a curved aluminum plate,
wired to the coil and cord, then the plate was over wrapped with more
tape.

Wow I bet those kicked some ass. I bought one in the mid 70's from a
friend who did RCA repair. It was one of the good old ones and I still
own
it although I haven't used it in some time.

I use a degaussing coil I salvaged from a junk TV and put a power cord on.
It gets hot in a hurry, two in series and attached together would probably
be a better idea. You can bundle them into a more compact circle than they
were originally.

Old February 10th 08, 04:32 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet wrote:

I use a degaussing coil I salvaged from a junk TV and put a power cord on.
It gets hot in a hurry, two in series and attached together would probably
be a better idea. You can bundle them into a more compact circle than they
were originally.

I think I used 200 turns of 17 AWG on a 12 inch form. It HAS been
almost 40 years.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

A "Fixer-Upper" HeyBub Home Repair 0 September 4th 07 01:58 AM
Where can I buy parts online for a "Sony TCWR635S Home Cassette Deck" ? Jim Electronics Repair 6 July 8th 07 02:47 AM
Question about rigid inside drywall corners and plain tape corners Eigenvector Home Repair 1 December 25th 06 11:18 AM
Sony Discman -- skiips on upper tracks Dan Dubosky Electronics Repair 17 November 16th 06 08:21 PM
Bosch miter finder, outside corners vs inside corners Perry Templeton Woodworking 1 January 13th 06 05:44 AM