Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about rigid inside drywall corners and plain tape corners

As a newbie to drywalling, I experimented with those rigid corners for
INSIDE corners as a way to make the job easier. It didn't work as expected
and I found that for me, using tape was simpler, less messy, and much more
sure thing. Especially when using a right angle knife.

But it makes me curious, what are those rigid corner dealies for?

Let's make sure of what I'm talking about, I am NOT referring to those metal
corner plates that you install where two sheets of drywall come together to
form an outside corner. I'm referring to the metal or plastic plates that
are used for inside corners.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eigenvector wrote:
Let's make sure of what I'm talking about, I am NOT referring to those metal
corner plates that you install where two sheets of drywall come together to
form an outside corner. I'm referring to the metal or plastic plates that
are used for inside corners.

If the inside corners are reasonaby "tight", I simply use caulking
instead of corner tape.