Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Where can I buy parts online for a "Sony TCWR635S Home Cassette Deck" ?

I just need the rubber drive bands (2 per deck) mine are so old they slip. Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jim" wrote in message
I just need the rubber drive bands (2 per deck) mine are so old they slip.
Thanks.

Are they square or flat ? Wherabouts are you ? Some of the later Sony belts
were a really odd size, and not available from anywhere - including Sony
themselves. Only option on those was a complete replacement deck ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
I just need the rubber drive bands (2 per deck) mine are so old they
slip. Thanks.

Are they square or flat ? Wherabouts are you ? Some of the later Sony
belts were a really odd size, and not available from anywhere - including
Sony themselves. Only option on those was a complete replacement deck ...

Arfa

Hi Leonard

I used to do a lot of work for a company that did 'buyout' Sony warranty
repairs here in the UK, and we found that on many of the later Sony HiFi
units which contained a tape deck, no parts for the decks were available,
the only listing shown in the service manuals, being for the whole deck as a
sub assembly. We tried to find suitable second source replacements from all
of the 'usual suspects' that supply replacement cassette belts, but found
that they fell between two standard sizes, which were quite some distance
apart, so the smaller one really was too tight, and the larger, too slack.
Maybe the situation is better over there, but I am finding now that with
most new stuff not containing a tape deck any more, finding replacement
belts of all sizes from the normal trade spares suppliers, is becoming more
and more difficult. A few weeks ago, I put in an order to the supplier where
I have always got them from, for a large range of sizes to top up my
supplies. This is something I do perhaps twice a year. Although all of the
sizes were still there in the catalogue, they arrived from the supplier in
dribs and drabs over a period of several weeks, and were in all sorts of
'odd' packages, as though they were struggling to get them too. Several of
the sizes never did arrive ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Jim is offline

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
I just need the rubber drive bands (2 per deck) mine are so old they slip.
Thanks.

Are they square or flat ? Wherabouts are you ? Some of the later Sony
belts were a really odd size, and not available from anywhere - including
Sony themselves. Only option on those was a complete replacement deck ...

Arfa

One's flat like a wide rubber band and the other is round like a rope.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Jim is offline

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
Which decks? I have never had any trouble finding belts to fit them.

Tritronics has Sony parts and generic belts in the US. I'd start there.

Leonard

Sony doesn't list any parts under the Consumer area, if I was a Tech and had
an account it might be different.

I will check out Tritronics.

Cheers,
Jim

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Hi all! Thanks for the replies.

I found what I was looking for at the Partstore.com. Now I'd like to know
if anyone here recommends them?

Cheers,
Jim