Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD TV Repair

Hi All,

I see a fair amount of LCD TVs on eBay, on a regular basis, that are
sold AS-IS because the units will not power up. There doesn't seem to
be one manufacturer or model that has this problem more than others.

Some of these are going pretty cheap - would anyone with experience
please give me some idea as to what the problem is likely to be, and
how hard or expensive it might be to repair?

Kind of a loaded question, I know . . . just trying to figure out if
it's worth the investment in a broken unit.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

These sets sold on eBay are mostly not worth to service, and that is why
they are so cheap. If the faults were as simple as the back lights, or back
light supply, then these people would be fixing them, and then asking much
higher prices.

The modules and parts if available to service these sets are very expensive.
Mostly all the circuit boards are using SMD technology, and are very
complex. Service manuals are not always available, and mostly are only basic
for module replacement and adjustment where required. On board component
service for most of these sets is not supported. For the most part, these
LCD and Plasma sets are not feasible to service unless the fault is simple
and low in cost to deal with.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I see a fair amount of LCD TVs on eBay, on a regular basis, that are
sold AS-IS because the units will not power up. There doesn't seem to
be one manufacturer or model that has this problem more than others.

Some of these are going pretty cheap - would anyone with experience
please give me some idea as to what the problem is likely to be, and
how hard or expensive it might be to repair?

Kind of a loaded question, I know . . . just trying to figure out if
it's worth the investment in a broken unit.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

Some, like RCAs, are VERY difficult to get parts for.

Be very careful!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

oups.com...
Hi All,

I see a fair amount of LCD TVs on eBay, on a regular basis, that are
sold AS-IS because the units will not power up. There doesn't seem to
be one manufacturer or model that has this problem more than others.

Some of these are going pretty cheap - would anyone with experience
please give me some idea as to what the problem is likely to be, and
how hard or expensive it might be torepair?

Kind of a loaded question, I know . . . just trying to figure out if
it's worth the investment in a broken unit.

Thanks in advance.

Service & Parts Manuals just $9.99 and instant download at
http://www.justmanuals.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Charles" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Some, like RCAs, are VERY difficult to get parts for.

Be very careful!

Does it even matter with flat panels? Unless the problem is simple, the set
is usually scrap anyway.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Charles" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Some, like RCAs, are VERY difficult to get parts for.

Be very careful!

Does it even matter with flat panels? Unless the problem is simple, the
set is usually scrap anyway.

The tuner/processor board, the power supply and the control board are
available for many sets.

A friend has had all three replaced under the extended warranty from Best
Buy. Is it fixed? Time will tell ... so far, so good. I think it was a
Sharp LCD TV that cost about $1500.