Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP vp6100 series digital projector

Hello,

is there a way to enter the service mode for the Hewlett-Packard
projector vp6100?
If so, how do I enter it?

Greetings,

Hendrik Hanff

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 21, 3:27 am, wrote:
Hello,

is there a way to enter the service mode for the Hewlett-Packard
projector vp6100?
If so, how do I enter it?

Greetings,

Hendrik Hanff

what are you trying to accomplish?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21 Aug., 23:16, frep wrote:
On Aug 21, 3:27 am, wrote:

Hello,

is there a way to enter the service mode for the Hewlett-Packard
projector vp6100?
If so, how do I enter it?

Greetings,

Hendrik Hanff

what are you trying to accomplish?

The projector has the following error: It searches for a signal on all
inputs when connected to a computer (Laptop, PC, Mac, I tried them
all). For the glimpse of a moment you can see a picture, but for some
reason it then continues searching. When I switch to manual selection
of the input device, it doesn't find an input signal at all.
I also tried different cables, different resolutions/frequencies and
different inputs (S-VHS, VGS...) with the same result.
I hoped that there is an entry in the service menu which sets back
this behaviour.
If not, what do you think: Is it a software misbehaviour or a hardware
fault? If it is a software misbehaviour, how can i "reset" the
software???

Hendrik

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22 Aug., 09:53, hhanff wrote:
On 21 Aug., 23:16, frep wrote:

On Aug 21, 3:27 am, wrote:

[...]

Forgot do mention: I already tried "Set back menues" and "Set back
lamp". Doesn't work.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I don't know exactly for the model you have, but I can suggest generically
from servicing these types of units. This may be a failure on the input
processor board in the projector. The procedure is to swap out the board to
verify this. If so, then leave the good board in the unit, and dispose of
the old one.

Many of these devices do not have an internal way to enter the service mode.
They use an external PC interface with the manufacture software to get in to
the service mode. It is very rare that the service mode is required. When a
fault occurs it is usually a failed component. Service on these units is
done by board exchange. There is very little component level service
supported with these devices.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

is there a way to enter the service mode for the Hewlett-Packard
projector vp6100?
If so, how do I enter it?

Greetings,

Hendrik Hanff

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

oups.com...
Hello,

is there a way to enter the service mode for the Hewlett-Packard
projector vp6100?
If so, how do I enter it?

Greetings,

Hendrik Hanff

OK. Thanks you for your reply. Then I will wait for a broken one on
ebay to exchange the faulty component/board.

Hendrik