Airkings

Default Carrier Performance series vs. Ruud Achiever series home AC?

My wife and I are choosing between the Carrier Performance series and Ruud
Achiever series AC units for our home. Is there any appreciable difference
between the two? The Carrier unit would end up being several hundred dollars
higher. The Ruud condensing unit seems to have a better shell for
protection. Otherwise, we're not sure.

Any comments, advice, experiences appreciated!

--
x-no-archive: yes

Dave

HeatMan

"Airkings" wrote in message
ink.net...
My wife and I are choosing between the Carrier Performance series and Ruud
Achiever series AC units for our home. Is there any appreciable difference
between the two? The Carrier unit would end up being several hundred

dollars
higher. The Ruud condensing unit seems to have a better shell for
protection. Otherwise, we're not sure.

Any comments, advice, experiences appreciated!

I sell Rheem, a cousion to Ruud.

I like the value of Ruud, especially when compared to Carrier or a certian
choo-choo brand. Ruud/Rheem doesn't have enormous marketing costs built
into the cost of the unit, for one....

--
x-no-archive: yes

Dave