Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What's inside this IR remote control?

I need to put a lanyard on a small remote control. It will get lost
unless it's on a string.

Here's a picture of the kit.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2lnex6

The remote is credit card-sized and thin. There is a lithium cell in a
slide tray in the lower edge of the remote, so I figure that a to the
side of the battery tray should be OK.

I want to drill a small hole (1mm ) about 3mm in from the lower left
(or right) corner.

Comments?

Mom 92 and is wheel chair-bound. I've just set her up with a iPod with
her favorte 200+ opera selections on it. It's in a Bose
SoundDock. Ain't technology wonderful.

They have a long way to go with the human factors design for old
folks. It's amazing how complex Bose can makle a 6 button
remote. Don't get me started.

Thanks.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Al Dykes wrote in message

[...]

I would tread very carefully unless you've seen inside.
I would cautiously grind off the corner until you can see inside. I imagine
its the sort of remote that a "universal" one would not work on. Perhaops
try a few "universals" first and then you would not have to be so cautious
if one worked.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Al Dykes wrote:
I need to put a lanyard on a small remote control. It will get lost
unless it's on a string.

Here's a picture of the kit.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2lnex6

The remote is credit card-sized and thin. There is a lithium cell in a
slide tray in the lower edge of the remote, so I figure that a to the
side of the battery tray should be OK.

I want to drill a small hole (1mm ) about 3mm in from the lower left
(or right) corner.

Comments?

Mom 92 and is wheel chair-bound. I've just set her up with a iPod with
her favorte 200+ opera selections on it. It's in a Bose
SoundDock. Ain't technology wonderful.

They have a long way to go with the human factors design for old
folks. It's amazing how complex Bose can makle a 6 button
remote. Don't get me started.

Thanks.

I've got the same problem with a remote lock/unlock remote for my van.
The keychain tab broke off. I plan to use something glued to the back
of it to attach to the keychain. I had in mind perhaps the pads which
are sold to glue on an anti-theft cable for various equipment....

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"jakdedert" wrote in message
Al Dykes wrote:
[...]

A while back I bought some "Plastic Fusion" epoxy which works very well for
bonding all sorts of plastics. That stuff stinks worse than any epoxy I've
ever used though so use it in a well ventilated area.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If you are handy you could mill out a large chunk of plexiglas block to
house the mini remote and at an angle, drill and place larger pegs to
act as button extenders. I have thought of doing same on one of my
remotes where I keep hitting the wrong buttons.

Al Dykes wrote:

[...]

Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

How about putting it in a clear plastic credit card protective sleeve ? you
can then attach a string to the sleeve.........

Pete

TV Remote Control Steve IA Home Repair 17 January 28th 05 10:59 PM
TV remote control Steve IA Electronics Repair 2 January 28th 05 04:00 PM
GE TV remote control Stan Electronics Repair 1 November 9th 04 11:03 PM
remote control gaz UK diy 3 December 24th 03 08:54 PM
TV Remote Control rubber pad(UR50CT1071) used in remote control for Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X Steve Electronics Repair 4 November 1st 03 02:27 PM