Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** is offline

Default What's inside this IR remote control?

If you are handy you could mill out a large chunk of plexiglas block to
house the mini remote and at an angle, drill and place larger pegs to
act as button extenders. I have thought of doing same on one of my
remotes where I keep hitting the wrong buttons.

Al Dykes wrote:

I need to put a lanyard on a small remote control. It will get lost
unless it's on a string.

Here's a picture of the kit.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2lnex6

The remote is credit card-sized and thin. There is a lithium cell in a
slide tray in the lower edge of the remote, so I figure that a to the
side of the battery tray should be OK.

I want to drill a small hole (1mm ) about 3mm in from the lower left
(or right) corner.

Comments?

Mom 92 and is wheel chair-bound. I've just set her up with a iPod with
her favorte 200+ opera selections on it. It's in a Bose
SoundDock. Ain't technology wonderful.

They have a long way to go with the human factors design for old
folks. It's amazing how complex Bose can makle a 6 button
remote. Don't get me started.

Thanks.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT