Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default What's inside this IR remote control?

"jakdedert" wrote in message
Al Dykes wrote:
I need to put a lanyard on a small remote control. It will get lost
unless it's on a string.

Here's a picture of the kit. http://preview.tinyurl.com/2lnex6

The remote is credit card-sized and thin. There is a lithium cell in a
slide tray in the lower edge of the remote, so I figure that a to the
side of the battery tray should be OK.

I want to drill a small hole (1mm ) about 3mm in from the lower left
(or right) corner. Comments?

Mom 92 and is wheel chair-bound. I've just set her up with a iPod with
her favorte 200+ opera selections on it. It's in a Bose
SoundDock. Ain't technology wonderful.

They have a long way to go with the human factors design for old
folks. It's amazing how complex Bose can makle a 6 button remote. Don't
get me started.

Thanks.

I've got the same problem with a remote lock/unlock remote for my van. The
keychain tab broke off. I plan to use something glued to the back of it
to attach to the keychain. I had in mind perhaps the pads which are sold
to glue on an anti-theft cable for various equipment....

jak

A while back I bought some "Plastic Fusion" epoxy which works very well for
bonding all sorts of plastics. That stuff stinks worse than any epoxy I've
ever used though so use it in a well ventilated area.