Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repair vcr crack gear???

I have a multi system sharp vcr, and recently it refused to eject the
tape.
I found out the gear at the motor drive shaft that is responisble for
However, i am unable to find replacement gear.

The gear is a bit small, and using the krazy glue still can't make a
tight gear.

Is there anyway to repair the gear? any suggestion?

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a multi system sharp vcr, and recently it refused to eject the
tape.
I found out the gear at the motor drive shaft that is responisble for
However, i am unable to find replacement gear.

The gear is a bit small, and using the krazy glue still can't make a
tight gear.

Is there anyway to repair the gear? any suggestion?

Thanks!

There is a couple of tips relating to repairing broken plastic gears
somewhere on my 2 tips files on URL below

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message

I'll assume this gear is nylon. In 25+ years experience, I have yet to
discover an effective and lasting method for bonding nylon to itself.

There is no way. Nylon is molded 100% bone dry and absorbs moisture after
that. Once absorbed, no weld is possible. Unless you can mechanically repair
it you are screwed.

--
..
..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
C C is offline

I've had to make many gears and misc. parts.
Go to your nearest hobby shop and buy some Alumalite plastic. It's a
two part liquid plastic that you mix together and it is completely set
and hard in 3 minutes. They also make a rubber casting compound to copy
the original gear with. I've been using it for years to make gears and
other parts for older copiers and such.

Ray L. Volts wrote:

wrote:

I have a multi system sharp vcr, and recently it refused to eject the
tape.
I found out the gear at the motor drive shaft that is responisble for
However, i am unable to find replacement gear.

The gear is a bit small, and using the krazy glue still can't make a
tight gear.

Is there anyway to repair the gear? any suggestion?

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:

"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message

I'll assume this gear is nylon. In 25+ years experience, I have yet to
discover an effective and lasting method for bonding nylon to itself.

There is no way. Nylon is molded 100% bone dry and absorbs moisture after
that. Once absorbed, no weld is possible. Unless you can mechanically repair
it you are screwed.

I used to weld nylon gears in hotel TVs all the time when I didn't
have spares, and not one cracked again. I even still have a 30 YO
Sanyo Sears with a small gear that had lost some teeth. The new teeth
I welded on have held up for at least 10 years now, and I was rough on
that tuner, wearing holes all the way through some of its contact
fingers.

Sony vcr model:SLV-750HF need # for left take up arm gear [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 January 8th 07 11:32 PM
Best way to repair crack. stevelup UK diy 9 September 10th 06 05:29 PM
Crack Repair Somewhere Nowhere Home Repair 5 August 26th 06 02:37 PM
Concrete Crack Repair KD Home Repair 8 September 18th 05 04:16 PM
VCR Repair Question - VCR Won't Let Go of Tape LASERandDVDfan Electronics Repair 2 January 13th 04 01:00 AM