Posted to sci.electronics.repair
C C is offline

Default Repair vcr crack gear???

I've had to make many gears and misc. parts.
Go to your nearest hobby shop and buy some Alumalite plastic. It's a
two part liquid plastic that you mix together and it is completely set
and hard in 3 minutes. They also make a rubber casting compound to copy
the original gear with. I've been using it for years to make gears and
other parts for older copiers and such.

Ray L. Volts wrote:

wrote:

I have a multi system sharp vcr, and recently it refused to eject the
tape.
I found out the gear at the motor drive shaft that is responisble for
However, i am unable to find replacement gear.

The gear is a bit small, and using the krazy glue still can't make a
tight gear.

Is there anyway to repair the gear? any suggestion?

Thanks!