Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Spider in my Plasma's Screen!!!

There's a spider in my Philips Ambilight TV and it's ****ing me
off....I'm scared it's going to damage something or create a web or
whatever. I have had it on for a few hours hoping to fry it out but to
no avail. I called Best Buy and they say it won't be covered even
under the $400 extended warranty I purchased and I haven't even paid
the TV off yet.

Will this thing fry if I keep the TV on for a while? I've about had it
with this S.O.B. I don't know what to do!!!!!

Please help! Shouldn't this thing be sealed enough to keep bugs out?
It appears to be between the front glass and the "secondary" glass?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Quibbs0" wrote in message
oups.com...
There's a spider in my Philips Ambilight TV and it's ****ing me
off....I'm scared it's going to damage something or create a web or
whatever. I have had it on for a few hours hoping to fry it out but to
no avail. I called Best Buy and they say it won't be covered even
under the $400 extended warranty I purchased and I haven't even paid
the TV off yet.

Will this thing fry if I keep the TV on for a while? I've about had it
with this S.O.B. I don't know what to do!!!!!

Please help! Shouldn't this thing be sealed enough to keep bugs out?
It appears to be between the front glass and the "secondary" glass?

Try calling another "Best Buy" for a recommendation. I know a woman who took
a microwave in for warranty repair and the asshole said it was looking too
"used" to do so. HELLO - she didn't buy it to keep in the box!
I told her that was bull **** - to go to another store which she did - and
got "PROMPT" service.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Is the spider big enough to obscure the minimum number of dead pixels to
encorce the warranty?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

QuibbsO, you have my luck, bad or none at all. I can't answer your
question about the front and secondary glass clearance, but is the
spider moving around? You probably don't want to hear this, but leave
the set off for a day or so. The spider may interpret the light as a
dinner bell (they tend to build webs around a light source).
Personally, I would try what Spamfree suggested, and if this doesn't
prove helpful, I would carefully take the front screens apart, and get
rid of that ******* myself. Iv'e done this on my Hitachi 50" with no
problem (son sprayed windex on front screen and it leached up from the
bottom between both screens, leaving a big ugly dark spot across
bottom). This ended up being the easiest thing to do when all was said
and done. Good luck.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Quibbs0 wrote in message
oups.com...
There's a spider in my Philips Ambilight TV and it's ****ing me
off....I'm scared it's going to damage something or create a web or
whatever. I have had it on for a few hours hoping to fry it out but to
no avail. I called Best Buy and they say it won't be covered even
under the $400 extended warranty I purchased and I haven't even paid
the TV off yet.

Will this thing fry if I keep the TV on for a while? I've about had it
with this S.O.B. I don't know what to do!!!!!

Please help! Shouldn't this thing be sealed enough to keep bugs out?
It appears to be between the front glass and the "secondary" glass?

I would cross post to an entomology group to find what would attract or
scare a spider out from a cosey niche. Borrow a stick insect, to scare him
out ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Quibbs0 wrote:
There's a spider in my Philips Ambilight TV and it's ****ing me
off....I'm scared it's going to damage something or create a web or
whatever. I have had it on for a few hours hoping to fry it out but to
no avail. I called Best Buy and they say it won't be covered even
under the $400 extended warranty I purchased and I haven't even paid
the TV off yet.

Will this thing fry if I keep the TV on for a while? I've about had it
with this S.O.B. I don't know what to do!!!!!

Please help! Shouldn't this thing be sealed enough to keep bugs out?
It appears to be between the front glass and the "secondary" glass?

With all those Plasmatrons loose in the back of the TV, that spider
might mutate into something out of a 60's Godzilla movie...

Bob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rb rb is offline

Call for service and say that the picture is fuzzy when the serviceman
arrives point to the area.

"Bob Urz" wrote in message

Quibbs0 wrote:
There's a spider in my Philips Ambilight TV and it's ****ing me
off....I'm scared it's going to damage something or create a web or
whatever. I have had it on for a few hours hoping to fry it out but to
no avail. I called Best Buy and they say it won't be covered even
under the $400 extended warranty I purchased and I haven't even paid
the TV off yet.

Will this thing fry if I keep the TV on for a while? I've about had it
with this S.O.B. I don't know what to do!!!!!

Please help! Shouldn't this thing be sealed enough to keep bugs out?
It appears to be between the front glass and the "secondary" glass?

With all those Plasmatrons loose in the back of the TV, that spider might
mutate into something out of a 60's Godzilla movie...

Bob

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Golf wrote:
QuibbsO, you have my luck, bad or none at all. I can't answer your
question about the front and secondary glass clearance, but is the
spider moving around? You probably don't want to hear this, but leave
the set off for a day or so. The spider may interpret the light as a
dinner bell (they tend to build webs around a light source).
Personally, I would try what Spamfree suggested, and if this doesn't
prove helpful, I would carefully take the front screens apart, and get
rid of that ******* myself. Iv'e done this on my Hitachi 50" with no
problem (son sprayed windex on front screen and it leached up from the
bottom between both screens, leaving a big ugly dark spot across
bottom). This ended up being the easiest thing to do when all was said
and done. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...I actually thought leaving it on
was the best idea beause it would fry him out of there eventually.
Hopefully I was right. At one point I thought he had disappeared but
then he reappeared in the opposite corner (hopfully not creating a
web). But then again he disappeared lastnight and was not there this
morning...

I was really flipping out about this yesterday and I couldn't even
watch tv because it bothered me so much. So light makes them want to
make webs you say? I hadn't even thought of that. I guess my hope was
that the tv would get so hot that he would fry and fall to the bottom
out of view. I may just have to go home at lunch to see if he's there.

Obsessing about this? Yes I am.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Quibbs0 wrote in message
ups.com...

Golf wrote:
[...]

He must have got in there via some gap so can you find that and attach a
tube there to a vacuum supply (vaccuum cleaner) and maybe the airflow might
make him want to go that way and into the "vacuum".

I recently repaired a CD where the problem was where some bug had got into
the optics area and made a cocoon.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N Cook wrote:
Quibbs0 wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The frequency of the plasma screen is a sexual attraction to the spider.
I would just find a cute little mate for him and he will go after the
snatch.