Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Quibbs0 Quibbs0 is offline

Default Spider in my Plasma's Screen!!!

Golf wrote:
QuibbsO, you have my luck, bad or none at all. I can't answer your
question about the front and secondary glass clearance, but is the
spider moving around? You probably don't want to hear this, but leave
the set off for a day or so. The spider may interpret the light as a
dinner bell (they tend to build webs around a light source).
Personally, I would try what Spamfree suggested, and if this doesn't
prove helpful, I would carefully take the front screens apart, and get
rid of that ******* myself. Iv'e done this on my Hitachi 50" with no
problem (son sprayed windex on front screen and it leached up from the
bottom between both screens, leaving a big ugly dark spot across
bottom). This ended up being the easiest thing to do when all was said
and done. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...I actually thought leaving it on
was the best idea beause it would fry him out of there eventually.
Hopefully I was right. At one point I thought he had disappeared but
then he reappeared in the opposite corner (hopfully not creating a
web). But then again he disappeared lastnight and was not there this
morning...

I was really flipping out about this yesterday and I couldn't even
watch tv because it bothered me so much. So light makes them want to
make webs you say? I hadn't even thought of that. I guess my hope was
that the tv would get so hot that he would fry and fall to the bottom
out of view. I may just have to go home at lunch to see if he's there.

Obsessing about this? Yes I am.