Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Datasheet wanted for Mostek MK50253N alarm clock IC

I hope this group is an appropriate place to post this. I am trying to
get a datasheet for the Mostek alam clock IC MK50253N, produced in the
mid '70s. Mostek seem to have gone out of business in the '80s, and a
couple of online datasheet archive sites list the device, but don't
have a datasheet. Does anyone out there have one they could copy or
scan for me please?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I hope this group is an appropriate place to post this. I am trying to
get a datasheet for the Mostek alam clock IC MK50253N, produced in the
mid '70s. Mostek seem to have gone out of business in the '80s, and a
couple of online datasheet archive sites list the device, but don't
have a datasheet. Does anyone out there have one they could copy or
scan for me please?

I thought Mostek only did memory ICs not consumer stuff

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I thought Mostek only did memory ICs not consumer stuff

Not sure, the 7 data books cover:

4 x Memory Data Books and Design Guides
2 x Industrial Products Data Books
1 x 3870/F8 Microcomputer Data Book

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fantastic - thanks for such a quick and positive response!

TTFN,

Peter

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Did any of the Heathkit clocks use it? Manuals are available for them,
at at least you'll get the pinout. I still have my GC-1005 (MK5017
chip) from the early 1970s, and the seconds digit has been blinking
erratically for about the past 30 years.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for the thought. Our messages must have crossed - the chaps at
datasheetarchive.com came up trumps with the real thing. Yes, I think
I have a dry joint on mine somewhere, as it is a bit erratic.

Mains Smoke Alarm thankyousam UK diy 17 June 6th 06 04:53 PM
Oven alarm: Clock on the fritz? bobc Home Repair 4 December 7th 04 06:54 PM
Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Now an Alarm Clock David Jensen Home Repair 3 November 15th 04 12:36 PM
AA battery clock conundrum Ian.2 Electronics Repair 14 February 12th 04 10:56 AM
fixeda Antique mantle clock jim Metalworking 3 January 31st 04 02:01 AM