Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

Default Replacing Unknown Transistor

This may sound like a tough question, but it probably isn't. The unit in
question is an Infiniti SM785 monitor (17", 1996). I acquired this years ago
and obviously attempted a repair, because I left a large TO-3P transistor
(Q604) removed from the circuit, and of course it is long-since lost. Funny
thing is, it's not the horizontal output. Doesn't seem to be a pincushion
amp either, because the monitor will not start without it - a regulator of
some sort maybe?. Anyway, there were several smaller blown transistors
nearby, so I replaced them and then attempted to take a guess on the missing
TO-3P. The only one that allowed the monitor to power and work normally was
an NTE2324, however I only left it on for a few seconds because I didn't
want to risk damaging anything. Does anyone know what the function of that
transistor is, and what would probably make a good sub?

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Urz

Chris F. wrote:
[...]

The key is the area where its at. Whats ahead of it? Whats behind it?
what power is around it when its not in circuit? I will take a wild
guess that its a voltage regulator. Probably series pass. Be looking
for filter caps, around the device for clues.

Bob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:46:18 GMT, "Chris F."
put finger to keyboard and composed:

[...]

Could it be involved in high voltage regulation? Does it drive a coil?
Does it switch the B+ ? Does it get its base drive from an IC? If so,
then the IC's datasheet may tell you its function.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

Silly me... I found the original transistor taped to the neck of the CRT, I
guess I had planned to look at it again someday. It crossed to an NTE
2365....

"Chris F." wrote in message
[...]

Transistor Fault Checking SeventhPrince七少爷 Electronics Repair 6 November 27th 05 08:39 PM
advice on replacing roof shingles ? Dave Home Ownership 3 April 9th 05 03:08 AM
Replacing Door Frame + Door Jim M Home Repair 6 February 14th 05 05:29 PM
Replacing a radiator. Crewood UK diy 1 February 13th 05 04:33 PM
Blown TV power transistor (diagram) ac Electronics Repair 10 November 4th 03 08:26 PM