Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

Default Replacing Unknown Transistor

Silly me... I found the original transistor taped to the neck of the CRT, I
guess I had planned to look at it again someday. It crossed to an NTE
2365....

"Chris F." wrote in message
This may sound like a tough question, but it probably isn't. The unit in
question is an Infiniti SM785 monitor (17", 1996). I acquired this years
ago and obviously attempted a repair, because I left a large TO-3P
transistor (Q604) removed from the circuit, and of course it is long-since
lost. Funny thing is, it's not the horizontal output. Doesn't seem to be a
pincushion amp either, because the monitor will not start without it - a
regulator of some sort maybe?. Anyway, there were several smaller blown
transistors nearby, so I replaced them and then attempted to take a guess
on the missing TO-3P. The only one that allowed the monitor to power and
work normally was an NTE2324, however I only left it on for a few seconds
because I didn't want to risk damaging anything. Does anyone know what the
function of that transistor is, and what would probably make a good sub?

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address