Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default The Famous Plasma Black Line

I have a SONY plasma TV. It's developed a problem - a thin horizontal
black line that goes from one end of the screen to the other (about 4"
from the top of the screen). I've also noticed that several other
people have reported the same problem. I've even seen folks selling
their plasma TVs on ebay with this same problem.

The bad news is that I am told by service technicians that the problem
is a bad display driver board, which is part of the display panel.
Cost to repair: $2,000.

My gut tells me it's a bad chip somewhere. I shouldn't have to replace
the entire display. Correction - I shouldn't have to throw a $4,000 tv
in the garbage after three years.

Does anyone know how to really fix this problem. My model is
KZ-32TS1U.

Thanks,
AABob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The entire display with the ic circuits that are an integral part of
the glass display all needs to be replaced. That is how you fix the
problem.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

I guess you should have done some resarch into
Plasma before you purchased the Garbage.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a SONY plasma TV. It's developed a problem - a thin horizontal
black line that goes from one end of the screen to the other (about 4"
from the top of the screen). I've also noticed that several other
people have reported the same problem. I've even seen folks selling
their plasma TVs on ebay with this same problem.

The bad news is that I am told by service technicians that the problem
is a bad display driver board, which is part of the display panel.
Cost to repair: $2,000.

My gut tells me it's a bad chip somewhere. I shouldn't have to replace
the entire display. Correction - I shouldn't have to throw a $4,000 tv
in the garbage after three years.

Does anyone know how to really fix this problem. My model is
KZ-32TS1U.

Thanks,
AABob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You're absolutely right. And I am mad! Does anyone have any experience
with SONY management? Can I complain to someone there about their
$4,000 disposable TVs?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Go to the top and get to speak to a
General not a Private and BE nice.
It will work for you.

wrote in message
ups.com...
You're absolutely right. And I am mad! Does anyone have any experience
with SONY management? Can I complain to someone there about their
$4,000 disposable TVs?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Berger

It drastically decreased the size and weight of the support
electronics, and increased the reliability. Imagine how many
tiny wires you'd have to connect to the external electronics.
A 1280x720 pixel panel. You'd need a reliable, inexpensive
921600 conductor connector (assuming no grounds or other
control signals).

James Sweet wrote:

If you could find an identical panel with a broken glass it might
technically be possible to transfer the driver from one panel to the
other, but with the ones I've seen there would be absolutely no way in
hell of doing this at home. It really is a shame, I don't understand why
they bond them rather than just using some sort of connector.

Req TV advice - Black Line or Quintrix? BarmyOne Electronics Repair 0 January 17th 05 07:53 PM
JVC TV 27" Black line on top of screen Brendan Electronics Repair 3 December 22nd 04 04:03 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
McCulloch Strimmer Line Frank P UK diy 13 June 9th 04 07:40 AM
Telephone Line 1/ 2 barry martin Home Repair 0 March 8th 04 07:49 PM