Brendan

Default JVC TV 27" Black line on top of screen

Hi all,

I hope someone can give some guidance. I have a 27" JVC TV Model
AV-27D302. It is about 3 years old. A black line has appeared across
the top of the screen. The line is about 1 - 1 1/2" thick. Under the
black line is a double image - the top of the screen inverted on top of
the regular picture (sorry if this sounds confusing. It is hard to
describe in words!). I have looked in the manuals, but did not find
anything in the troubleshooting section that helped. I looked in the
back of the TV - no horizontal or vertical control buttons to adjust.
I disconnected the cable line and the problem is still there, so it is
not my cable signal. Any suggestions before I carry it to a service
center?

Thanks,

Brendan

Jason D.

On 21 Dec 2004 18:31:32 -0800, "Brendan"
wrote:

Hi all,

I hope someone can give some guidance. I have a 27" JVC TV Model
AV-27D302. It is about 3 years old. A black line has appeared across
the top of the screen. The line is about 1 - 1 1/2" thick. Under the
black line is a double image - the top of the screen inverted on top of
the regular picture (sorry if this sounds confusing. It is hard to
describe in words!). I have looked in the manuals, but did not find
anything in the troubleshooting section that helped. I looked in the
back of the TV - no horizontal or vertical control buttons to adjust.
I disconnected the cable line and the problem is still there, so it is
not my cable signal. Any suggestions before I carry it to a service
center?

Thanks,

Brendan

Brendan,

Take it to service shop that is famillar with JVC sets. Vertical
circuit problem and a shop can take care of this for reasoable fee
with one or few parts since vertical is still working but poorly.

If the vertical circuit burns out, cost only increase slightly.

Go ahead and find service shop.

JVC is nice sets.

Cheers,

Wizard
James Sweet

"Brendan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I hope someone can give some guidance. I have a 27" JVC TV Model
AV-27D302. It is about 3 years old. A black line has appeared across
the top of the screen. The line is about 1 - 1 1/2" thick. Under the
black line is a double image - the top of the screen inverted on top of
the regular picture (sorry if this sounds confusing. It is hard to
describe in words!). I have looked in the manuals, but did not find
anything in the troubleshooting section that helped. I looked in the
back of the TV - no horizontal or vertical control buttons to adjust.
I disconnected the cable line and the problem is still there, so it is
not my cable signal. Any suggestions before I carry it to a service
center?

Thanks,

Brendan

It's nothing you can adjust or configure, one or more capacitors has failed
in the vertical circuit and will need to be replaced. This is one of the
least expensive repairs you can have done, so just take it to a shop or
someone competent with a soldering iron and it'll be fixed.

Brendan

Wizard and James,

Thanks for the advice. I will take it to a service center, and I will
post the diagnosis once it is fixed.

Thanks,

Brendan