Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Default The Famous Plasma Black Line

I guess you should have done some resarch into
Plasma before you purchased the Garbage.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a SONY plasma TV. It's developed a problem - a thin horizontal
black line that goes from one end of the screen to the other (about 4"
from the top of the screen). I've also noticed that several other
people have reported the same problem. I've even seen folks selling
their plasma TVs on ebay with this same problem.

The bad news is that I am told by service technicians that the problem
is a bad display driver board, which is part of the display panel.
Cost to repair: $2,000.

My gut tells me it's a bad chip somewhere. I shouldn't have to replace
the entire display. Correction - I shouldn't have to throw a $4,000 tv
in the garbage after three years.

Does anyone know how to really fix this problem. My model is
KZ-32TS1U.

Thanks,
AABob