WatchOut

Default 30 Gigs of schematics

Went to there PayPal window and it asks for your PayPal password to
login and this is NOT a PayPal secure site.

BEWARE

Tech Data

If you read closer, it asks for you email and password IF you have an
acct. It also gives the option of paying with CC or debit if you don't.
If you have a valid PayPal acct, you can also access it and pay that
way. I would suggest you contact PayPal direct to verify if it's
legitimate before making accusations.

John Bachman

On 14 Nov 2005 15:42:49 -0800, "Tech Data" wrote:

If you read closer, it asks for you email and password IF you have an
acct. It also gives the option of paying with CC or debit if you don't.
If you have a valid PayPal acct, you can also access it and pay that
way. I would suggest you contact PayPal direct to verify if it's
legitimate before making accusations.

Folks, I have done business on the internet for a long time. It is
not this complicated and when it gets this complicated be careful.

John
AnaTek Corporation
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Since 1991.

WatchOut

Go to this site http://www.techdata-kicksass.net/siteinfo.html and
click on the PayPal icon. When you get to the following page there is
a not secure lock at the bottom right of the page. Meaning this is
not a secure transaction with PayPal. The lock is open. PayPal does
not ask for your login password unless you are at there secure site.
The lock will be closed.
Maybe you should read about PayPal before making accusations.

You are asking for passwords to accounts at this page which is not
secured with PayPal. After you enter your password, then it takes you
to PayPal and a secure site. Some call this Phishing

The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Since 1991.

Tony Marsillo

If you go to http://www.paypal.com/ you can enter your e-mail address and
password, and the login is not secure. If you click on the upper right
"login" icon, you are taken to a secure login web page where you can enter
your e-mail address and password. I never noticed the difference. Is there a
difference at the paypal site in the way you login?

Thanks
Tony Marsillo

The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Since 1991.

Spooky

When I go to http://www.paypal.com/ My email is automatically
entered into the email box and has the lock, locked at the bottom
right of the page. This is using Netscape, Explorer may not show
that you are connected to a secure site. This may be because of
cookies enabled. I have a paypal account. I Have never been aked for
my password without being notified that I have a secure connection
with paypal.
I went to this site http://www.techdata-kicksass.net/siteinfo.html and
clicked on Paypal, a page popped up
with my email already entered and a place to enter my password, and I
was not notified that I had a secure connection with paypal. I left
the password empty and hit continue, Then I was taken to paypals
secure site. Something aint right here.

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:45:01 -0500, "Tony Marsillo"
wrote:

If you go to http://www.paypal.com/ you can enter your e-mail address and
password, and the login is not secure. If you click on the upper right
"login" icon, you are taken to a secure login web page where you can enter
your e-mail address and password. I never noticed the difference. Is there a
difference at the paypal site in the way you login?

Thanks
Tony Marsillo

.. .

The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Since 1991.

Sunny

Tony Marsillo wrote:
If you go to http://www.paypal.com/ you can enter your e-mail address and
password, and the login is not secure. If you click on the upper right
"login" icon, you are taken to a secure login web page where you can enter
your e-mail address and password. I never noticed the difference. Is there a
difference at the paypal site in the way you login?

Yes.

If you log in via a page that begins http:// , the information you enter
is sent to the server in plain text and can be read by someone sniffing
the network. In this case the lock at the bottom of the window will be open.

If you log in via a page that begins https:// , the information you
enter is encrypted before it is sent to the server and is unintelligible
to someone sniffing the network. The lock at the bottom of the window
will be closed.

Thanks
Tony Marsillo

The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Since 1991.

Sunny

Spooky wrote:

When I go to http://www.paypal.com/ My email is automatically
entered into the email box and has the lock, locked at the bottom
right of the page.

That is not possible. You must mean https://www.paypal.com/

http is a plain text protocol. You will never see the lock closed at an
http site. https is an encrypted protocol. The lock will be closed at an
https site if your system has established secure communications with the
site.

It is good practice to check for both https:// and a closed lock before
entering any personal data.

wrote:

If you go to http://www.paypal.com/ you can enter your e-mail address and
password, and the login is not secure. If you click on the upper right
"login" icon, you are taken to a secure login web page where you can enter
your e-mail address and password. I never noticed the difference. Is there a
difference at the paypal site in the way you login?

Thanks
Tony Marsillo

. ..

The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Since 1991.

The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Since 1991.

JW

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:06:28 GMT Spooky wrote in Message
id: :

[...] blah blah blah

Something aint right here.

Yeah, like your nymshifting to make it appear as if there's more than just
you with these concerns, ehh, NonTech John Paul Watchout Spooky?:

From: NonTech
From: John No more
From: Paul Spam

From: WatchOut
From: Spooky
Heh.

3T39

Hello, Mark!
You wrote on Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:17:51 GMT:

MDZ Mark Z.

MDZ "WatchOut" wrote in message
MDZ ...
?? Go to this site http://www.techdata-kicksass.net/siteinfo.html and
?? click on the PayPal icon. When you get to the following page there is
?? a not secure lock at the bottom right of the page. Meaning this is
?? not a secure transaction with PayPal. The lock is open. PayPal does
?? not ask for your login password unless you are at there secure site.
?? The lock will be closed.
?? Maybe you should read about PayPal before making accusations.
??
?? You are asking for passwords to accounts at this page which is not
?? secured with PayPal. After you enter your password, then it takes you
?? to PayPal and a secure site. Some call this Phishing
??
?? On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:36:58 -0500, John Bachman
??
?? The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
?? Since 1991.

I have an eBay account as well as a Paypal account. With eBay you can
download a free toolbar called account guard which has a small icon to
indicate if you are on a genuine eBay / Paypal site or not. The icon is
green when the web page is genuine and red if it's a phishing site. I've
tested it and I know it works. What I can tell you is, that loging on to
Paypal from the TechData site my account guard goes green.
Check it out yourself.
With best regards, 3T39. E-mail:

Ray L. Volts

"Sunny" wrote in message
.. .

Spooky wrote:

When I go to http://www.paypal.com/ My email is automatically
entered into the email box and has the lock, locked at the bottom
right of the page.

That is not possible. You must mean https://www.paypal.com/

http is a plain text protocol. You will never see the lock closed at an
http site. https is an encrypted protocol. The lock will be closed at an
https site if your system has established secure communications with the
site.

It is good practice to check for both https:// and a closed lock before
entering any personal data.

Something else a lot of people forget to do: run spyware scanners first!
The page/form/CGI you _want_ to send to may be secured, but some spywarez
HOLD info and will transmit it at the first opportunity next time the
browser opens. I personally find Ad-aware and Spybot S&D to be the best.
Also might want to kill some nasty ActiveX controls or use a program like
SpywareBlaster which does it for ya. All 3 of these programs are well
supported with regular definitions updates.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
oddjobs

I'm thinking of signing up, it's seems genuine. But I wonder if anyone
else has signed up. thanks for any and all input!
Ray L. Volts wrote:
"Sunny" wrote in message
.. .

Spooky wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Just signed up today.

If you do TV work.....very very good! $15.00 c'mon....it's a no brainer

I have access to a couple other FTP sites with many of the same items...but
the more sources the better.

After seeing a few of my respected peers had signed with no issues...I
jumped on board.

Buy in....no worries.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)

========================

"oddjobs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking of signing up, it's seems genuine. But I wonder if anyone
else has signed up. thanks for any and all input!
Ray L. Volts wrote:
"Sunny" wrote in message
.. .

Spooky wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

I sent Terry several discs of PDF's which will be upped to the site in due
time (some already have been). Lots of HK, Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, Marantz
audio. Also, I will upload manuals to the site on request. I can get just
about any current Onkyo and Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer.

Mark Z.

"Shoreline Electronics" wrote in message
.. .
Just signed up today.

If you do TV work.....very very good! $15.00 c'mon....it's a no brainer

I have access to a couple other FTP sites with many of the same
items...but the more sources the better.

After seeing a few of my respected peers had signed with no issues...I
jumped on board.

Buy in....no worries.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)

"oddjobs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking of signing up, it's seems genuine. But I wonder if anyone
else has signed up. thanks for any and all input!
Ray L. Volts wrote:
"Sunny" wrote in message
.. .