Junior Member

Unhappy Sony KV-32 TV fault blinking LED

I have a 3 year old Sony KV-32FQ75U TV which was working fine one night then next morning wouldnt switch on, now the TV clicks as if its trying to start & the LED power indicator blinks twice,This would seem from the info I ca find to mean a power problem but a friend of a friend TV repair man has failed to find the fault & says it needs a new board which will cost £400
This seems crazy, has anyone had any luck with Sony assisting in the cost of a 3 yr old TV repair? I expected a TV to become obsolete not fail after such a short time.
Any ideas on finding the fault?
Thanks
Skype_man

Default Sony KV-32 TV fault blinking LED

Hears one possible cause. Sky.
KV32FQ75U AE5A DEAD IC6604,R6666,Q6806

bblnd32
Very few "TV repair men" can justify changing out entire boards. ....
.... component level troubleshooting and parts replacement is what most
good shop techs perform in order to keep the costs down for them and
the customer.... find a qualified tech at a reputable shop and at the
very least get a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent
repair decision..... in other words, get a second opinion.
electricitym
..
..
..

MTLnews

Swapping out completeboard is really overkill. Most shops can do some
componenet level debugging. I recently had my Sony KV32S22 serviced, and it
cost me a total of $169 Canadian. Turned out that it was mainly 2 ICs that
were blown. IC351 (which I believe is a Sony CXA2025 Y chroma/jungle IC ),
and IC561 which I'm not 100% sure what it is, but I think it has something
to do with vertical deflection circuit. I was charged for the 2 ICs, some
shop supplies, and 1.5 hours labour, which I think is quite fair. They
verified quite a few other components also, gave me a detailed list of what
was also checked, and gave me a 90 day warranty on the repair, which I think
is fair.
Definately cheaper than swapping out the complete board. At the price you
were quoted, I'd ditch it and buy a new box.

Good Luck...
-Tony

--
bblnd32