Jason D.

Default Sony fault blinking front led

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:39:26 +0100, Memo wrote:

My Sony TV (model KV-X2973B - AE2A Chassis) front led is blinking.

No picture and no sound.

I think it's the tuner. but not sure.

Thanks for your help

Take the set to shop for a estimate, yes there will be a small
estimate fee, it will be excluded when repair is paid if approved.
Should be about 150 to 200 for repair.

The flashing LED is a error, either tube isn't emitting enough to turn
on picture which is about value of a new TV however, bad connection is
common which blew few parts which is repairable. This will be
accurate diagnosis when a tech doing a estimate correctly diagnose the
cause.

Find a shop that is sony authorized or is known to deal with sony sets
often is recommanded.

Not the tuner through. Carrying that tv, do this with two people,
minivan or very roomy car to transport the tv.

Cheers,

Wizard
Ben

I had an identical problem with my sony. c 605 in the power circuit 22uf
250v radial lead electrolytic cap was not putting out to power the power
relay. replaced and it turned on. check your set and see what c605 values
are its not a difficult repair
any questions email

Ben
"Memo" wrote in message
My Sony TV (model KV-X2973B - AE2A Chassis) front led is blinking.

No picture and no sound.

I think it's the tuner. but not sure.

Thanks for your help

---

Memo

I didn't find the c605.

I found a big c674 300 uF 400 V.

I found out that i have no power ac out??

My RY611 relay is clicking several times when i turn the tv on... then
nothing.

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:04:04 -0500, "Ben"
wrote:

I had an identical problem with my sony. c 605 in the power circuit 22uf
250v radial lead electrolytic cap was not putting out to power the power
relay. replaced and it turned on. check your set and see what c605 values
are its not a difficult repair
any questions email

Ben
"Memo" wrote in message
.. .
My Sony TV (model KV-X2973B - AE2A Chassis) front led is blinking.

No picture and no sound.

I think it's the tuner. but not sure.

Thanks for your help

---

Jason D.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:31:55 +0100, Memo wrote:

I didn't find the c605.

I found a big c674 300 uF 400 V.

I found out that i have no power ac out??

My RY611 relay is clicking several times when i turn the tv on... then
nothing.

You do still have power to the micro in the TV that why the LED is
blinking, when this blinks, either horizontal or vertical circuits
failed, then that will blow the power supply. Take the tv to shop
please for a estimate. This is apprent you do not know how to
troubleshoot properly and safely. There is dangerous high voltage and
high current, also the high voltage that is present other area.

Please close that set up and carry it to shop for a estimate.

Cheers,

Wizard
Jeff Strieble

(Jason D.) wrote in message ...
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:31:55 +0100, Memo wrote:

I didn't find the c605.

I found a big c674 300 uF 400 V.

I found out that i have no power ac out??

My RY611 relay is clicking several times when i turn the tv on... then
nothing.

You do still have power to the micro in the TV that why the LED is
blinking, when this blinks, either horizontal or vertical circuits
failed, then that will blow the power supply. Take the tv to shop
please for a estimate. This is apprent you do not know how to
troubleshoot properly and safely. There is dangerous high voltage and
high current, also the high voltage that is present other area.

Please close that set up and carry it to shop for a estimate.

Cheers,

Wizard

I agree. Unless you know what you're doing (and are proficient in
soldering in close quarters on PC boards), you can do more harm than
good poking around in your set (or any TV manufactured in the last
10-15 years or so), not to mention the high-voltage shock hazard (both
from power-supply voltage and the second-anode voltage on the CRT; the
latter is measured in kilovolts--thousands of volts--and can kill or
injure a person in no time flat; so can the output from the set's
low-voltage power supply). Much better to take it to a repair shop
where they have the proper equipment, and technicians who have had
years of experience servicing today's TVs with their surface-mount
components. Even if you were good at servicing older sets with vacuum
tubes and hand-wired chassis 30+ years ago (as I was at that time),
the technology has advanced so far beyond that point in just the last
couple of decades as to make vacuum-tube service techniques obsolete
many times over. In other words, the old methods we used to use with
tube sets just don't cut it with today's solid-state TVs and other
electronic gear; in fact, the old service techniques techs used with
vacuum-tube sets can damage modern sets severely or even beyond
repair. And again, I cannot overemphasize the shock hazard.

Kind regards,

Jeff Strieble, WB8NHV (mailto:
)
Fairport, Ohio