MTLnews

Default Sony KV-32 TV fault blinking LED

Swapping out completeboard is really overkill. Most shops can do some
componenet level debugging. I recently had my Sony KV32S22 serviced, and it
cost me a total of $169 Canadian. Turned out that it was mainly 2 ICs that
were blown. IC351 (which I believe is a Sony CXA2025 Y chroma/jungle IC ),
and IC561 which I'm not 100% sure what it is, but I think it has something
to do with vertical deflection circuit. I was charged for the 2 ICs, some
shop supplies, and 1.5 hours labour, which I think is quite fair. They
verified quite a few other components also, gave me a detailed list of what
was also checked, and gave me a 90 day warranty on the repair, which I think
is fair.
Definately cheaper than swapping out the complete board. At the price you
were quoted, I'd ditch it and buy a new box.

Good Luck...
-Tony

"bblnd32" wrote in message

I have a 3 year old Sony KV-32FQ75U TV which was working fine one night
then next morning wouldnt switch on, now the TV clicks as if its trying
to start & the LED power indicator blinks twice,This would seem from the
info I ca find to mean a power problem but a friend of a friend TV
repair man has failed to find the fault & says it needs a new board
which will cost £400
This seems crazy, has anyone had any luck with Sony assisting in the
cost of a 3 yr old TV repair? I expected a TV to become obsolete not
fail after such a short time.
Any ideas on finding the fault?
Thanks

--