Bruno Gentile

Default SONY KV36FS10 No Raster - No OSD - Continuous LED Blinking

SONY KV36FS10 Chassis: AA-2W

I have a SONY TV that goes into standby mode (continuous LED blinking -
once a second) almost instantly. The sound stays on and I can changes
channels - but no OSD.

Q301 becomes enabled by the protection circuit and grounds pin 18 of IC355,
which in turn, turns off pin 19 (HO) eliminating horizontal drive signal to
Q501 and so on.

I see the required waveforms in the horizontal section before going into
standby mode. However, pincushion transistor Q512 has -8.3 v on the
collector instead if the +27.4v and L511 has visible signs of reaching high
heat stress. The DC resistance across L511 (out of circuit) was 2.6 ohms
and R528(10 ohms) showed a 7.85 volt drop. I changed pin output Q512, HOT
Q502 and Damper Diode D504 - nothing changed. I did not find any shorted
caps or other bad diodes in the horizontal circuit.

I removed the 12v regulator (IC650) so I could trouble shoot a few seconds
at a time and then turn off the set. When I removed IC650 I found that the
OSD would display and I could see the filaments lit.

I would like to get this set up and running - can somebody offer any advice?

thanks,
Bruno