Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default JT - photo.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:07:04 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:39:57 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

John Fields wrote:
---
Your: "My "feud" with JT began when I made fun of a goofy "scientific
breakthrough" press release from MIT, with no reference to JT. His
alma mater is apparently sacred to him, and he took it as a personal
insult. He responded by saying obscene and obviously untrue things
about my wife."

doesn't explain why, if you knew of Jim's affection for MIT and that
he'd take the insult personally, you didn't couch your post in a tone
more conducive to criticizing rationally instead of belittling by
making fun of.

I don't know why, but I guess you don't see what incredible sensitivity for
the school this requires. And I can't understand how anyone could assume
that anyone would be less sensitive about their wife than their school.

Calling someone a pimp for his future wife is orders of magnitude more
serious.

When Genome made a despicable comment about Jim's late son, Jim simply
replied that Genome would get no more assistance from him.

So the difference is obviously that this built up over a longer time, and
therefore it's not just because of isolated comments.

But the pimp remark stands out from the rest.

Did you read...

Newsgroups: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Subject: JT - photo.
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:47:08 -0700
The infamous PITA exaggerates (can't use his name or I lose even my
own posts :-)

I have a whole directory of everything I _ever_ said here about BU.

Whoa, that's getting seriously compulsive. Seriously.

_Fair_ people might want to read all that. But I'll not hold my
breath.

The infamous PITA will eventually stop posting about me, because I
won't see and be annoyed by his posts.

He keeps promising to killfile me and all followups, and keeps not
doing it. He can't stand to miss people talking about him.

He may have learned a little algebra at MIT, but they didn't teach him
anything about civility. Or much about electromagnetics.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 3/22/2012 9:39 AM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
John Fields wrote:
---
[...]

Something to keep in mind, "This is Usenet"
Anyone can say anything, and they do.
It should all fall away when you CLICK on the next post.
Mikek

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:10:03 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:32:29 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:35:28 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 05:50:49 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:52:29 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:40:11 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"amdx" wrote in message
T...
On 3/19/2012 2:03 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:46:02 -0500, wrote:

On 3/18/2012 5:40 PM, Ian Field wrote:

I'm not going to laugh at his physical appearance.
My concern is his mental decline. He has lost his ability
to have a level headed conversation. When you call him on it,
his comeback is but "Johnny started it" That somehow got stuck
in his memory and he can't shake it.
It's sad time.
Mikek

Virtually anytime I post, JL interjects some narcissistic denigration.
JL started it, I _have_ finished it.

...Jim Thompson

I haven't noticed, could it be you are being overly sensitive?

"I _have_ finished it."
Can I take from that you are going to be the bigger man and let all the
petty back and forth fall away? ie. just ignore what you perceive as
a slight to your abilities.

Mikek

Its some years old feud that he probably can't even remember what its
about - but he still won't let it go!

My "feud" with JT began when I made fun of a goofy "scientific
breakthrough" press release from MIT, with no reference to JT. His
alma mater is apparently sacred to him, and he took it as a personal
insult. He responded by saying obscene and obviously untrue things
about my wife.

I then called him an asshole, which I think remains an accurate
assessment.

---
PKB?

Knowing why he responded the way he did, had you then replied that you
meant him no slight with your first post, a lot of ugliness might have
been averted.

After he insulted my wife, you suggest that I should have apologized
to him?

---
Yes, of course, had your aim been merely to criticize MIT.

However, I suspect your intent was a little darker in that you knew
Jim would take umbrage at your remarks, allowing you to remain in the
limelight all that much longer.
---

You are both sick assholes, which is why you two are so attached to
one another. Enjoy.

---
Larkin's enemies, +1

Fields' enemies, -1

Enjoy.

I assume that you are going to assist him in assaulting me, as he has
threatened to do.

---
That's an asinine assumption but, considering the source,
understandable.
---

Artificial hips befo 1

Artificial hips after: 4

???

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:12:19 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:05:20 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:53:54 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:56:12 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:37:15 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Knowing why he responded the way he did, had you then replied that you
meant him no slight with your first post, a lot of ugliness might have
been averted.

You insult somebody's college, then he insults your wife, and then you're
supposed to explain you didn't mean it? You can't be serious.

---
Sure, why not?

Larkin said he was only fooling around, so if Jim took it wrong and
flamed back hard, Larkin could easily have defused the situation - at
very little cost to himself - by explaining that he was only fooling
around.

I wasn't fooling around. I was commenting on the huge numbers of
press-release scientific-breakthrough cures-cancer types of idiotic
press releases that MIT generates. That never amount to anything.

This sort of thing, over and over:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...n-every-gadget

---
Your: "My "feud" with JT began when I made fun of a goofy "scientific
breakthrough" press release from MIT, with no reference to JT. His
alma mater is apparently sacred to him, and he took it as a personal
insult. He responded by saying obscene and obviously untrue things
about my wife."

doesn't explain why, if you knew of Jim's affection for MIT and that
he'd take the insult personally, you didn't couch your post in a tone
more conducive to criticizing rationally instead of belittling by
making fun of.

If he is proud of these silly MIT press releases, he is indeed getting
senile.

---
Whether he's proud of them or not isn't the point; the fact that his
fondness for MIT makes him rankle at someone who makes fun of his alma
mater just for meanness is.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

You insult somebody's college, then he insults your wife, and then
you're supposed to explain you didn't mean it? You can't be
serious.

---
Sure, why not?

Jesus!

You can't be serious.

You must really be married to your school.

---
Actually, I could care less what anyone said about my school, so that
makes no sense to me.

--
JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:39:57 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

John Fields wrote:
---
Your: "My "feud" with JT began when I made fun of a goofy "scientific
breakthrough" press release from MIT, with no reference to JT. His
alma mater is apparently sacred to him, and he took it as a personal
insult. He responded by saying obscene and obviously untrue things
about my wife."

doesn't explain why, if you knew of Jim's affection for MIT and that
he'd take the insult personally, you didn't couch your post in a tone
more conducive to criticizing rationally instead of belittling by
making fun of.

I don't know why, but I guess you don't see what incredible sensitivity for
the school this requires. And I can't understand how anyone could assume
that anyone would be less sensitive about their wife than their school.

---
It's all just a game.
---

Calling someone a pimp for his future wife is orders of magnitude more
serious.

When Genome made a despicable comment about Jim's late son, Jim simply
replied that Genome would get no more assistance from him.

So the difference is obviously that this built up over a longer time, and
therefore it's not just because of isolated comments.

But the pimp remark stands out from the rest.

---
IMO, an example of using overwhelming force.

--
JF

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:47:08 -0700
The infamous PITA exaggerates (can't use his name or I lose even my
own posts :-)

I have a whole directory of everything I _ever_ said here about BU.
_Fair_ people might want to read all that. But I'll not hold my
breath.

The infamous PITA will eventually stop posting about me, because I
won't see and be annoyed by his posts. Then he'll find someone else
to denigrate and lie about.

Maybe he'll choose Tom Del Rosso :-}

...Jim Thompson

---
Tom hasn't tangled with him, so I doubt it.
--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:51:49 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Sometimes I can't resist winding up loonies like Philthy - JT just fell
within the homing envelope.

---
If you think Phil is loony, then you don't have enough time in grade
here, or technical expertise, to be thinking of yourself as a judge.

Besides, if you really thought that Phil was a loon, instead of
extending a helping hand, why would you want to wind him up and cause
him unwarranted pain and a greater retreat into loonness?

Perhaps to assuage your own sense of inadequacy by trying to bring
your betters down to your level?

Homing envelope?

As far as your vendetta against JT goes, here you are with a dead shop
which you can't even use to verify data you've begged for and, yet
again, choose to besmirch those whom you don't/can't understand.

Philthy likes to scream and rant at everyone (especially newbies who can be
put off usenet by it!) but he's not so great at taking it - which is often
entertaining to watch.

JT is slowly drifting in that general direction.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

You insult somebody's college, then he insults your wife, and then
you're supposed to explain you didn't mean it? You can't be
serious.

---
Sure, why not?

Jesus!

You can't be serious.

You must really be married to your school.

---
Actually, I could care less what anyone said about my school, so that
makes no sense to me.

Where did you go to college? My older daughter got a PhD from UT in
Austin, and really liked the place, both the school and the town. I
liked the bats under the bridge.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:58:16 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Entertainment, then, according to you, is watching something
unpleasant happen to someone other than yourself?

Phil has a very low tolerance for bull**** and poorly constructed
queries and has no compunction whatever in using all the tools at his
disposal in order to discredit whatever looks bogus to him.

In my experience, if you disagree with Phil, politely, and state the
reasons for your disagreement, a rational discussion can ensue.
---

JT is slowly drifting in that general direction.

---
You make those kinds of generalizations all the time without producing
the slightest shred of evidence to back up your claims.

--
JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

You insult somebody's college, then he insults your wife, and then
you're supposed to explain you didn't mean it? You can't be
serious.

---
Sure, why not?

Jesus!

You can't be serious.

You must really be married to your school.

---
Actually, I could care less what anyone said about my school, so that
makes no sense to me.

Where did you go to college?

---
Canal Zone College at La Boca in the Panama Canal Zone.
---

My older daughter got a PhD from UT in
Austin, and really liked the place, both the school and the town.

---
Austin's a nice place and, arguably, more than a little like San
Francisco:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Cochran

except that we have SPAMARAMA:

http://www.2camels.com/spamarama.php
---

I liked the bats under the bridge.

---
Cool.

They're even more spectacular when they fly.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

We went down there for Elderbrat's wedding and took a walk along the
river at sunset. About a million bats came out and blasted overhead,
over the river walk. They looked like they'd hit us, but of course
bats know what they are doing.

Seems like a nice town, but it gets hot there. I grew up in New
Orleans and never got used to the heat. SF is chilly most of the time,
which suits me. And there's snow skiing 3 hours drive away, one reason
I moved here.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci'electronics.design

wrote:

John Fields wrote:

[...]

Meanness? JT is the guy who claims he "always gets even." He has
bragged that it took him 15 years to ruin someone's career after some
affront.

And I made fun of MIT, and other organizations, for their absurd
"scientific breakthrough" press releases.

Want a laugh? Google

MIT nanotube

What is this thing they have for carbon nanotubes? It's, like, a
solution looking for a problem.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:27:48 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:39:57 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

John Fields wrote:
---
[...]

Or incredible bad taste.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

There's no need to make a presentation of what's already there for all to
see.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

So now you're saying that what you think you see is what everyone else
sees?

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

There's none so blind as them who don't want to see!!!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

There's a certain amount of rabies in bats, though, so you have to be
careful.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Phil Hobbs wrote:

There's a certain amount of rabies in bats, though, so you have to be
careful.

Rabid lawyers are worse! They bite you, then sue you for foaming at
the mouth. ;-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 18:56:31 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote:

There's a certain amount of rabies in bats, though, so you have to be
careful.

Rabid lawyers are worse! They bite you, then sue you for foaming at
the mouth. ;-)

We have bats on our hillside. Fun to watch. They go bananas in a
swarm of gnats ;-)

But we treat the owls as equals... otherwise they'll take you out ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

om...
wrote:

[...]

Ignoratio elenchi.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote:

There's a certain amount of rabies in bats, though, so you have to be
careful.

Rabid lawyers are worse! They bite you, then sue you for foaming at
the mouth. ;-)

We have bats on our hillside. Fun to watch. They go bananas in a
swarm of gnats ;-)

But we treat the owls as equals... otherwise they'll take you out ;-)

Have you trained them to atack Liberals yet? ;-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote:

There's a certain amount of rabies in bats, though, so you have to be
careful.

Rabid lawyers are worse! They bite you, then sue you for foaming at
the mouth. ;-)

We have bats on our hillside. Fun to watch. They go bananas in a
swarm of gnats ;-)

But we treat the owls as equals... otherwise they'll take you out ;-)

Have you trained them to atack Liberals yet? ;-)

I've learned not to throw rocks at them when you think they are
salivating over your new puppy... they buzz you so close you feel
their wings on your face :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote:

There's a certain amount of rabies in bats, though, so you have to be
careful.

Rabid lawyers are worse! They bite you, then sue you for foaming at
the mouth. ;-)

We have bats on our hillside. Fun to watch. They go bananas in a
swarm of gnats ;-)

But we treat the owls as equals... otherwise they'll take you out ;-)

Have you trained them to atack Liberals yet? ;-)

I've learned not to throw rocks at them when you think they are
salivating over your new puppy... they buzz you so close you feel
their wings on your face :-(

At least you learned something, without getting hurt too bad.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

I've learned not to throw rocks at them when you think they are
salivating over your new puppy... they buzz you so close you feel
their wings on your face :-(

A tennis racket works on bats, so probably on owls too.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

news:sckkm753fo4edq24u4j8omlibdl06t744d@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

Well it would be to someone who isn't too bright.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 23:13:49 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I've learned not to throw rocks at them when you think they are
salivating over your new puppy... they buzz you so close you feel
their wings on your face :-(

A tennis racket works on bats, so probably on owls too.

Huh? These are great horned Owls. They're big enough to knock you
down.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I've learned not to throw rocks at them when you think they are
salivating over your new puppy... they buzz you so close you feel
their wings on your face :-(

A tennis racket works on bats, so probably on owls too.

Huh? These are great horned Owls. They're big enough to knock you
down.

A Louisville slugger then.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I've learned not to throw rocks at them when you think they are
salivating over your new puppy... they buzz you so close you feel
their wings on your face :-(

A tennis racket works on bats, so probably on owls too.

Huh? These are great horned Owls. They're big enough to knock you
down.

A Louisville slugger then.

We reached a truce... they get to cool off in my lawn sprinklers in
return for staying away from the patio areas :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |