Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default JT - photo.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:07:04 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:39:57 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

John Fields wrote:
---
Your: "My "feud" with JT began when I made fun of a goofy "scientific
breakthrough" press release from MIT, with no reference to JT. His
alma mater is apparently sacred to him, and he took it as a personal
insult. He responded by saying obscene and obviously untrue things
about my wife."

doesn't explain why, if you knew of Jim's affection for MIT and that
he'd take the insult personally, you didn't couch your post in a tone
more conducive to criticizing rationally instead of belittling by
making fun of.

I don't know why, but I guess you don't see what incredible sensitivity for
the school this requires. And I can't understand how anyone could assume
that anyone would be less sensitive about their wife than their school.

Calling someone a pimp for his future wife is orders of magnitude more
serious.

When Genome made a despicable comment about Jim's late son, Jim simply
replied that Genome would get no more assistance from him.

So the difference is obviously that this built up over a longer time, and
therefore it's not just because of isolated comments.

But the pimp remark stands out from the rest.

Did you read...

Newsgroups: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Subject: JT - photo.
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:47:08 -0700
The infamous PITA exaggerates (can't use his name or I lose even my
own posts :-)

I have a whole directory of everything I _ever_ said here about BU.

Whoa, that's getting seriously compulsive. Seriously.

_Fair_ people might want to read all that. But I'll not hold my
breath.

The infamous PITA will eventually stop posting about me, because I
won't see and be annoyed by his posts.

He keeps promising to killfile me and all followups, and keeps not
doing it. He can't stand to miss people talking about him.

He may have learned a little algebra at MIT, but they didn't teach him
anything about civility. Or much about electromagnetics.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer