Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default The Vultures Were Waiting

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 03/16/2011 11:37 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

Don't they realize that if you're in Fukushima, you can get that for
free just by taking a walk through the right part of the reactor complex?!?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I thought this was going to be a rant about your IRS.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 01:35:35 +0530, "Pimpom"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I thought this was going to be a rant about your IRS.

Oh? I could certainly rant on that subject ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 03/16/2011 01:05 PM, Pimpom wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I thought this was going to be a rant about your IRS.

That comes next month on the 15th.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:48:59 -0700, "BobW"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

A few nights ago on the tv, there was an interesting show about making
cultured diamonds. They start with a small piece of (yellow) diamond, add
graphite, heat, and pressure, and within a few hours they have a much larger
(yellow) diamond.

At the end of the show, they noted that a service was available that would
take the cremated ashes of a loved one and convert it into one of these
diamonds. That struck me as something that I would like to have done to me.

Bob

My youngest son, who died of colon cancer, requested that his ashes be
scattered on the hillsides ("blanket bleachers") surrounding Phoenix
International Raceway. They were, surreptitiously, by our oldest son
:-)

My request is similar... on the hillside, with all the wildlife that I
love, behind our home.

Of course I've also considered dumping them on the lobby desk at IRS
;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

BobW wrote:
"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

A few nights ago on the tv, there was an interesting show about making
cultured diamonds. They start with a small piece of (yellow) diamond,
add graphite, heat, and pressure, and within a few hours they have a
much larger (yellow) diamond.

At the end of the show, they noted that a service was available that
would take the cremated ashes of a loved one and convert it into one
of these diamonds. That struck me as something that I would like to
have done to me.
Bob

I'd rather have that done to my EX! Sooner rather than later...

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 3/16/2011 1:37 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Quit bragging, Jim. I got one of those too.

John
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

They would just grab their dustbuster.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I've been getting those for years.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:41:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I've been getting those for years.

That was my first. Maybe they take down license plate numbers at the
gastroenterologist ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

My Mom and Dad both were members -
http://www.cremationsocietyofmn.com/

But they both also issued DNR/DNI orders - (Do Not Resuscitate/Do Not
Intubate) because they were both very practical people.

It made "probate" a breeze, and saved us thousands of dollars.

But, well, it's your life, it'll be your corpse, do whatever you want.

By the way, how's that colorectal cancer stuff workin' out for ya?

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

BobW wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

A few nights ago on the tv, there was an interesting show about making
cultured diamonds. They start with a small piece of (yellow) diamond, add
graphite, heat, and pressure, and within a few hours they have a much
larger (yellow) diamond.

At the end of the show, they noted that a service was available that would
take the cremated ashes of a loved one and convert it into one of these
diamonds. That struck me as something that I would like to have done to
me.

I've heard that there's (or was) some service where you could have your
ashes launched into space - I don't know if they were supposed to stay
in orbit, or be dropped into the Sun.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

John - KD5YI wrote:
On 3/16/2011 1:37 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

Quit bragging, Jim. I got one of those too.

On my "emergency contact" thingie, I've got, "If I'm found dead, donate
my kidneys to my brother, any other usable organs to whoever needs them,
and send the rest to the nearest medical school."

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"BobW" wrote in message

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

A few nights ago on the tv, there was an interesting show about making
cultured diamonds. They start with a small piece of (yellow) diamond, add
graphite, heat, and pressure, and within a few hours they have a much larger
(yellow) diamond.

At the end of the show, they noted that a service was available that would
take the cremated ashes of a loved one and convert it into one of these
diamonds. That struck me as something that I would like to have done to me.

Bob
--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==

How does that work since the ashes have no carbon left in them?
Art

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 3/16/2011 8:40 PM, flipper wrote:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:37:56 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Oh yeah, sure, that's what they 'say'. Notice the text color? It's
soylent green!

That sounds like a movie starring Charlton Heston.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:14:01 -0800, "Artemus"
"BobW" wrote in message
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

A few nights ago on the tv, there was an interesting show about making
cultured diamonds. They start with a small piece of (yellow) diamond,
add graphite, heat, and pressure, and within a few hours they have a
much larger (yellow) diamond.

At the end of the show, they noted that a service was available that
would take the cremated ashes of a loved one and convert it into one of
these diamonds. That struck me as something that I would like to have
done to me.

How does that work since the ashes have no carbon left in them?

Picky, picky, picky.

Maybe they're like the chromium that turns alumina into ruby?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Ain't nuttin' free...
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

BobW wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

A few nights ago on the tv, there was an interesting show about making
cultured diamonds. They start with a small piece of (yellow) diamond, add
graphite, heat, and pressure, and within a few hours they have a much larger
(yellow) diamond.

At the end of the show, they noted that a service was available that would
take the cremated ashes of a loved one and convert it into one of these
diamonds. That struck me as something that I would like to have done to me.

Bob

...that way you would always have a hard on.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I've been getting those for years.

That was my first. Maybe they take down license plate numbers at the
gastroenterologist ?:-)

No. Like any other spammer, they get the information the old
fashined way: They steal it.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:48:59 -0700, "BobW"
wrote:

"Jim wrote in
[...]

And not their ghostbuster?

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

I just noticed, It says, "Free Prepaid Cremation"
It can't be Free and Prepaid, but it can be free to you, and prepaid by
someone else.
Anyone with a large insurance policy on you? Any chance they want to burn
the
evidence before authorities have a chance to look at it?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Mikek
PS. Maybe a little to much time spent watching detective/crime shows. :-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

PeterD wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:48:59 -0700, "BobW"
"Jim
wrote in message ...
[...]

Nah - IRS doesn't believe in ghosts, because they have no souls. =:-O

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I've been getting those for years.

That was my first. Maybe they take down license plate numbers at the
gastroenterologist ?:-)

No. Like any other spammer, they get the information the old
fashined way: They steal it.

Or either buy a list of "known buyers" for $50~100/1000 names/addys.

Although these days, clickers are so rampant, they're probably worth
about $1/1000.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

Jim's not going to give up the ghost!

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I've been getting those for years.

That was my first. Maybe they take down license plate numbers at the
gastroenterologist ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Perhaps your gastroen-whatever-they-call-proctologists-these-days
has a deal where he bird dogs. It would make him feel better after he
asked the question "I chose WHAT as a specialty?"

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 3/17/2011 6:55 AM, amdx wrote:
"Jim wrote in
message ...
The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

...Jim Thompson

I just noticed, It says, "Free Prepaid Cremation"
It can't be Free and Prepaid, but it can be free to you, and prepaid by
someone else.
Anyone with a large insurance policy on you? Any chance they want to burn
the
evidence before authorities have a chance to look at it?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Mikek
PS. Maybe a little to much time spent watching detective/crime shows. :-)

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not actually out
to get you.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I've been getting those for years.

That was my first. Maybe they take down license plate numbers at the
gastroenterologist ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Perhaps your gastroen-whatever-they-call-proctologists-these-days
has a deal where he bird dogs. It would make him feel better after he
asked the question "I chose WHAT as a specialty?"

And he drives a Ford 'Probe'?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I've been getting those for years.

That was my first. Maybe they take down license plate numbers at the
gastroenterologist ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Perhaps your gastroen-whatever-they-call-proctologists-these-days
has a deal where he bird dogs. It would make him feel better after he
asked the question "I chose WHAT as a specialty?"

And he drives a Ford 'Probe'?

Heard about the gynecologist who took evening courses to become an
auto mechanic? She got extra points on the final for rebuilding an
engine through the exhaust pipe.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Dan wrote:

?
? Dan wrote:
??
?? On 3/16/2011 7:48 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
??? On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:41:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
??? ? wrote:
???
????
???? Jim Thompson wrote:
?????
????? The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...
?????
[...]

Still not as good as the dentist who removes teeth through the
patient's ass. That way he doesn't have to risk being bit.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Dan wrote:

?
? Dan wrote:
??
?? On 3/16/2011 7:48 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
??? On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:41:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
??? ? wrote:
???
????
???? Jim Thompson wrote:
?????
????? The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...
?????
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ereWaiting.jpg

I've been getting those for years.

That was my first. Maybe they take down license plate numbers at the
gastroenterologist ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

They subscribe to some sort of data aggregation service. I've screwed with
my vital statistics when filling out various applications for so long, I
started getting mailers from the AARP in my 30s.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Dan wrote:

?
? Dan wrote:
??
?? On 3/16/2011 7:48 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
??? On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:41:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
??? ? wrote:
???
????
???? Jim Thompson wrote:
?????
????? The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...
?????
[...]

Lady goes into a dentist. As soon as she is in the chair the doctor
says "madam, you have hold of my testicles!" The lady responds "I know,
now we won't hurt each other, will we?"

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Dan wrote:

?
? Dan wrote:
??
?? On 3/16/2011 7:48 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
??? On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:41:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
??? ? wrote:
???
????
???? Jim Thompson wrote:
?????
????? The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...
?????
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Dan wrote:

?
? Dan wrote:
??
?? On 3/18/2011 2:32 PM, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ? Dan wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? On 3/16/2011 7:48 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ??? On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:41:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
?? ??? ? wrote:
?? ???
?? ????
?? ???? Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ?????
?? ????? The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...
?? ?????
[...]

I had to have emergency dental care a couple weeks before I was
discharged. The idiot Lt. at the dental clinic refused to treat me.
The captain who was to be his replacement walked in while he was telling
me that I would have to wait till I was discharged and got home to see
my family dentist to remove the two broken teeth. He took one look in
my moth and called the Lt. an ignorant *******. He spent over two hours
carefully removing the broken teeth, and I was in pain because there was
no Novocain in the clinic. He was washing up after he finished and
said, Soldier? I just don't understand how you sat through that without
passing out. I told him to look at the bent arms on the dental chair.
then I asked him to tell the Lt. that he had saved his life, because I
was going to grab the idiot by his testicles and squeeze them hard, till
my teeth were out. The Captain laughed and asked if I was serious. I
told him that I would have squeezed them so hard that if he had already
father kids, they would no longer exist.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Dan wrote:

?
? Dan wrote:
??
?? On 3/18/2011 2:32 PM, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ? Dan wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? On 3/16/2011 7:48 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ??? On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:41:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
?? ??? ? wrote:
?? ???
?? ????
?? ???? Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ?????
?? ????? The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...
?? ?????
[...]

I had an Air Force dentist drill into raw nerve. The room went
black. I'll spare you the details.

What was a louie doing pulling teeth? Last I heard dentists started
out as captains.

If you want a real giggle try a canvas dental clinic where the
victim...um..patient provides power to the drill via pedals.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:58:48 -0500, Dan wrote:

Dan wrote:

?
? Dan wrote:
??
?? On 3/18/2011 2:32 PM, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ? Dan wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? On 3/16/2011 7:48 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ??? On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:41:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
?? ??? ? wrote:
?? ???
?? ????
?? ???? Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ?????
?? ????? The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...
?? ?????
[...]

I had this uncle (Darl Godwin), no kidding, did 20 years in the Navy,
then 20 years in the Army, then was sheriff of Killeen, TX.

In the later years in the Army he did dentistry... had POUNDS of
recovered gold ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Dan wrote:

[...]

Gawd, what an angry, hateful ******* you are.

It must really suck to be you.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

I had this uncle (Darl Godwin), no kidding, did 20 years in the Navy,
then 20 years in the Army, then was sheriff of Killeen, TX.

In the later years in the Army he did dentistry... had POUNDS of
recovered gold ;-)

Are you proud to have an uncle who's a thief?

That gold was the property of the people from whom it was "recovered."

Thanks,
Rich