Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Two transistor feedback pair.

On 19/06/2009 Jim Thompson wrote:

..
Mostly "PAR" and "RAR" files. How does one uncompress those?

...Jim Thompson

http://www.rarlab.com/

Unfortunately, you have to pay for the archiver, but the decompression
stuff is all free.

--
John B
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:02:44 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"ian field" wrote in message
news So far I've not been able to match the result posted by Tim.

I basically did it the way he suggested. For readability and
size, I saved as 16 color (grayscale) GIF. PNG is good too
(although my ancient image editor doesn't support it!).

Tim

A much better solution has come within my reach - someone on
News:alt.binaries.e-book.technical very kindly posted the whole
book for me.

Mostly "PAR" and "RAR" files. How does one uncompress those?

Most compression programs do RAR files nowadays.

PAR files are for parity, so a multipart news post can have a missing part
and still be recoverable. I used to use a program called QuickPAR to
reconstruct them, but it's been a long time, and I think some compression
programs handle PAR files natively now.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

A much better solution has come within my reach - someone on
News:alt.binaries.e-book.technical very kindly posted the whole book
for me.

The whole of AoE? I own a copy, so fair use allows me to get it, but I
don't see it there. What's the subject on the posts?

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

ian field wrote:

A much better solution has come within my reach - someone on
News:alt.binaries.e-book.technical very kindly posted the whole book
for me.

The whole of AoE? I own a copy, so fair use allows me to get it, but I
don't see it there. What's the subject on the posts?

zero, and remove the last word.

The full subject line starts Re REQ: The Art of Electronics, in Xnews I
simply enter "The Art of Electronics" in the filter and it finds it
instantly, alternatively you could sort by "From" and scroll down to "B" the
sender signed as "Bongo" - it was their only post when I checked that method
(I was looking to see if they'd posted anything else interesting).

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Two transistor feedback pair. - Page1.pdf

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 16:08:47 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find more info on the two transistor feedback
pair (I think some people call it a "shunt series pair")?

Having spent much of Saturday googling I only found coincidental mentions of
the circuit in other articles - I had hoped to also find some info on the
history of the development of the circuit.

Can anyone help?

TIA.

I'm sure you found this during your searches, but perhaps you didn't have
access to the paper itself.

There aren't any references to earlier work by anyone other than Ghausi
himself, so perhaps he is the originator of the circuit. It lacks the
final feedback from the output which AOE shows.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Page1.pdf (0, 31 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:42:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Mostly "PAR" and "RAR" files. How does one uncompress those?

...Jim Thompson

You don't change light bulbs either, eh?

Bwuahahahaha! You knew it was a compression format, but are too lazy to
do the simple google hunt. That's rich. And quite telling likely about
your entire life.

How much of your life did you let other perform the real tasks in?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:43:53 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:11:37 -0700, The Phantom
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:54:30 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"The Phantom" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:36:03 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"The Phantom" wrote in message
om...
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:31:27 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

In theory, AC gain can be boosted by tapping R6 and AC shunting the tap
with
an electrolytic.

Is there any way I can print just that one page displayed by google
books?

Get the free Firefox browser; it won't crash:

Why did you answer a different question than the one asked?!

I didn't. Use Firefox, and you will be able to print the page.

I loaded firefox and still can't see how to print a google books page.

You can print what you see by clicking "file" in the top left of the
Firefox window and selecting print.

Neeerp! It prints that whole frame :-(

PrintScreen is the only way I know of, and it's crappy :-(

...Jim Thompson

Probably talking about the preview version. D'oh!

It's not meant to be printed. Try buying the book. Sheesh!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find more info on the two transistor feedback
pair (I think some people call it a "shunt series pair")?

Having spent much of Saturday googling I only found coincidental mentions of
the circuit in other articles - I had hoped to also find some info on the
history of the development of the circuit.

Can anyone help?

TIA.

I'm sure you found this during your searches, but perhaps you didn't have
access to the paper itself.

There aren't any references to earlier work by anyone other than Ghausi
himself, so perhaps he is the originator of the circuit. It lacks the
final feedback from the output which AOE shows.

An earlier one is this:
Chaplin, Candy, and Cole, "Transistor Stages For Wide-band
Amplifiers," Proc. Inst. Elec. Eng. (London), vol. 106, part B, suppl. 16,
pp. 762-772, May 1959.

They discuss not only the shunt-series pair, but also the series-shunt pair,
and the "compound feedback" pair (both at the same time as in AOE
fig. 13.13.)

More discussion of the compound pair at RF is in:
Meyer and Eschenbach, "A Wide-Band Ultralinear Amplifier from
3 to 300 MHz," IEEE JSSC, vol. SC-9, no. 4 (Aug. 1974),
pp. 167-175.

--
Regards,
Howard

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:24:44 -0700, "Howard Swain" wrote:

An earlier one is this:
Chaplin, Candy, and Cole, "Transistor Stages For Wide-band
Amplifiers," Proc. Inst. Elec. Eng. (London), vol. 106, part B, suppl. 16,
pp. 762-772, May 1959.

Would you by any chance have an electronic copy of this one that you would be
willing to share?

They discuss not only the shunt-series pair, but also the series-shunt pair,
and the "compound feedback" pair (both at the same time as in AOE
fig. 13.13.)

More discussion of the compound pair at RF is in:
Meyer and Eschenbach, "A Wide-Band Ultralinear Amplifier from
3 to 300 MHz," IEEE JSSC, vol. SC-9, no. 4 (Aug. 1974),
pp. 167-175.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 25 Jun 2009 12:04:02 -0500, The Phantom wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:24:44 -0700, "Howard Swain" wrote:

An earlier one is this:
Chaplin, Candy, and Cole, "Transistor Stages For Wide-band
Amplifiers," Proc. Inst. Elec. Eng. (London), vol. 106, part B, suppl. 16,
pp. 762-772, May 1959.

Would you by any chance have an electronic copy of this one that you would be
willing to share?

They discuss not only the shunt-series pair, but also the series-shunt pair,
and the "compound feedback" pair (both at the same time as in AOE
fig. 13.13.)

More discussion of the compound pair at RF is in:
Meyer and Eschenbach, "A Wide-Band Ultralinear Amplifier from
3 to 300 MHz," IEEE JSSC, vol. SC-9, no. 4 (Aug. 1974),
pp. 167-175.

I'd like a copy, as well. I once worked for Jim Solomon, a student of
Ghausi and Petersen, and I was the young buck engineer grunt who did
all the equation development for Solomon's IEEE papers preceding the
announcement of the MC1552/1553. (I also did the DC bias loop :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Gourmet Puzzles:

What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find more info on the two transistor feedback
pair (I think some people call it a "shunt series pair")?

You mean 2 devices that behave as one very linear device ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sziklai_pair

Very useful in various instances especially low noise microphone amplifiers and
audio power amplifier output stages traditionally.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to
my email address

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find more info on the two transistor feedback
pair (I think some people call it a "shunt series pair")?

Having spent much of Saturday googling I only found coincidental mentions of
the circuit in other articles - I had hoped to also find some info on the
history of the development of the circuit.

Can anyone help?

I'm sure you found this during your searches, but perhaps you didn't have
access to the paper itself.

There aren't any references to earlier work by anyone other than Ghausi
himself, so perhaps he is the originator of the circuit. It lacks the
final feedback from the output which AOE shows.

Name: Page1.pdf
Page1.pdf Type: Portable Document Format (application/pdf)
Encoding: x-uuencode

A very banal configuration by modern standards.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to
my email address

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Eeyore" wrote in message

ian field wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find more info on the two transistor
feedback
pair (I think some people call it a "shunt series pair")?

You mean 2 devices that behave as one very linear device ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sziklai_pair

So what's that got to do with the price of bogroll?!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

ian field wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find more info on the two transistor
feedback
pair (I think some people call it a "shunt series pair")?

You mean 2 devices that behave as one very linear device ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sziklai_pair

So what's that got to do with the price of bogroll?!

How would he know? Donkeys use their tails.